- Current Team
- Ohio State
Ronnie Hickman Ohio State Stats
Ronnie Hickman Scouting Report
Per NFL Draft Buzz, Hickman has the following strengths and weaknesses:
- Has the fluid athleticism and speed to cover tight ends and maybe even some big slot receivers. Hickman has the ball skills to create turnovers. He also has value as a blitzer
- In the run game, he’s aggressive coming downhill and hits hard
- Reads receivers’ routes and anticipates throws at the first down marker. Covers a lot of ground in a hurry when in space. Reads the quarterback’s eyes and sees the routes very quickly, then has straight-line speed to arrive with or just after the ball
- Has explosive movement skills and the fluid athleticism and change-of-direction ability to come down and cover slot receivers
- His athleticism gives him the potential to have tremendous range in coverage, but Hickman is often hesitant and doesn’t seem confident in what he’s seeing
- Needs to develop a better understanding of route combinations and better overall vision
- Lowers his shoulder for the big hit rather than wrapping up securely
Check Out Our Entire List of 2023 NFL Draft Profiles
Ronnie Hickman in Mock Drafts
According to NFL Mock Draft Database, Hickman is a projected fifth-round pick. The safety position does not have a lot of first-round talent but that doesn’t mean the class is bad. Hickman is a perfect example of a player that teams will be happy to pick up in the later rounds. Below is a list of mock drafts and where they have Hickman being drafted.
Would Ronnie Hickman Fit on the Packers?
I really like the fit of Hickman on the Packers. The Packers need a safety that can play the run effectively. Hickman is not afraid to do that. I also love what he could potentially be on the blitz. Joe Barry might be able to draw up some interesting looks with Quay Walker and Hickman. All of his weaknesses are very coachable and do not overly concern me.
Check Out Another Prospect That Could Fit For the Packers
This is a draft where there seems to be a lot of value in the later rounds. This could be a perfect draft to trade down and acquire mid-round picks for value. Hickman is a perfect example of a player who I don’t love in the second round but love on day 3. Look for the Packers to draft a safety in the mid-rounds and Hickman might be a good target.
For More Great Wisconsin Sports Content