- Current Team
- Mississippi State
Emmanuel Forbes: Cornerback, Mississippi State: NFL Draft Scouting Profile and Projected Draft Position
Emmanuel Forbes Mississippi State Stats
Emmanuel Forbes Scouting Report
Per NFL Draft Buzz, Forbes has the following strengths and weaknesses:
- His length and leaping ability allow him to high-point the ball and make plays
- Shows good instincts when facing the action in zone coverage, and Forbes has solid ball skills
- Fluid mover with decent speed and his length allows him to cover effectively downfield
- Is not an asset in run support, looking tentative and underpowered when stepping up against the run
- At this point, Forbes can get outmuscled. He also might be susceptible to catch and- run plays. He’ll give effort in run support, but he’s going to struggle to get off blocks against physical outside receivers
- Needs to develop a better understanding of route combinations and better overall vision
Check Out Our Entire List of 2023 NFL Draft Profiles
Emmanuel Forbes in Mock Drafts
According to NFL Mock Draft Database, Forbes is a projected second-round pick. In another draft, Forbes might be an easy first-round pick but with the number of cornerback prospects, experts are predicting he will slide into later rounds. Some mock drafts do have him being taken in the first round. Below is a list of mock drafts and where they have Forbes being drafted.
- Pro Football Network – No. 20 overall: Seahawks
- 33rd Team – No. 27 overall: Bengals
- The Huddle Report – No. 32 overall: Eagles
Would Emmanuel Forbes Fit on the Packers?
I really don’t love the fit of Forbes and the Packers. His liability in run support and susceptibility to the catch and run steers me away from this prospect. Not to mention that the Packers really don’t need to take a corner with a high pick. It is not an area of need and they can wait to find some value with a fit that actually makes sense.
Check Out Another Prospect That Could Fit For the Packers
Overall I am not high on Forbes. Looking at his profile and his tape I just am not seeing the value in taking him with a first or second-round pick. We’ll see what GM Brian Gutekunst does with his mid-round picks but I would be surprised if Forbes became a Packer.
For More Great Wisconsin Sports Content