- Tight end
- Current Team
Darnell Washington: Tight End, Georgia Bulldogs: NFL Draft Scouting Profile and Projected Draft PositionDarnell Washington Georgia Stats
Darnell Washington Scouting Report
Per NFL Draft Buzz, Washington has the following strengths and weaknesses:
- Powerful open-field runner with agility and quickness
- Great hands. Can dig out low throws and grab contested balls from defensive backs
- Uses his frame effectively. Able to highpoint the ball very well
- Top end speed is not great meaning he will not draw safety help
- He is so comfortable in traffic that he does not try to create separation
Check Out Our Entire List of 2023 NFL Draft Profiles
Darnell Washington in Mock Drafts
According to NFL Mock Draft Database, Washington is projected to be a second-round pick. However, most mock drafts right now have him sneaking into the back end of the first round. His size and pass-catching ability could be something that teams reach for. Below is a list of mock drafts and where they have Darnell Washington going.
- Dawg Pound Daily – no. 17 overall: Packers
- Football Outsiders – no. 22 overall: Jaguars
- CBS Sports – no. 25 overall: Chargers
- Draftwire – no. 27 overall: Bengals
Would Darnell Washington Fit on the Packers?
The Packers have a huge need at tight end so any prospect at that position is in play for the Packers. GM Brian Gutekunst loves to draft Georiga players and could spend another first-rounder on a Bulldog. Getting Aaron Rodgers an elite tight end should be a priority for the offseason. The Packers’ offense is more dangerous when the tight end position is a big part of the offense.
Check Out Another Georgia Prospect That Could Fit For the Packers
Washington’s size is what could tempt Gutekunst to draft Washington. At 6’7″ and 270, he could easily become an effective blocker for the running game. Marcedes Lewis is crucial to the Packers’ running game and Washington could take over that spot. Having a 6’7″ tight end who can high point the ball in the red zone would also be great. If the Packers are looking to improve the offensive side of the ball, Washington would be a great pick.