It is no secret who Green Bay expects to be their number one wide receiver entering the 2022 season. After Marquez Valdes-Scantling and Davante Adams departed in the same off-season, Allen Lazard is now “the guy.” Many fans have been skeptical about this, however Aaron Rodgers is not skeptical at all. His comments today were nothing short of confident in Green Bay’s new number one wide receiver.
Per Zach Kruse, Aaron Rodgers on Allen Lazard:
“He’s been our dirty work guy for most of his career here. Now he’s getting an opportunity to be a No. 1 receiver. I’m not worried about him at all stepping into that role.”
How good has Allen Lazard been in Green Bay?
- Highest passer rating when targeted since 2019 (WRs) Allen Lazard – 129.0
Allen Lazard last 3 years
- 109 receptions / 159 targets
- 1448 yds
- 14 Touchdowns
- 9.1 Yards Per Target
- 68.4 Catch %
- 75 first downs on 108 catches (68.8%)
- 14 contested catches on 27 attempts
- 128.9 passer rating when targeted
- 5.0 Yards After Catch Per Reception
- 81.3 Catchable %
Given the opportunity to play WR1 and increase his snap count, this could all be don in a single season by Lazard.
For More Wisconsin Sports News…