- Current Team
Tyrique Stevenson Miami Stats
Tyrique Stevenson Scouting Report
Per NFL Draft Buzz, Stevenson has the following strengths and weaknesses:
- He’s long and strong enough in his core to steer receivers to the sideline without getting grabby with his hands when playing inside technique
- Can track the ball downfield and gets his head around when playing in a trail position, and he shows excellent ball skills when breaking on a route. He’s a plus tackler in run support as well
- He’s a technician in press coverage, with a strong punch and the ability to reroute receivers
- Susceptible to double moves, though that could be coached out of him. But the problem is that Stevenson doesn’t track the ball downfield, and he seems to lack the ball skills to break up plays
- Like a lot of collegiate corners, he has a tendency to get grabby, something that will have to be coached out of him
- Needs to develop a better understanding of route combinations and better overall vision
Check Out Our Entire List of 2023 NFL Draft Profiles
Tyrique Stevenson in Mock Drafts
According to NFL Mock Draft Database, Stevenson is a projected fifth-round pick. The cornerback position is full of prospects so expect some really talented corners to go surprisingly late in the draft. Below is a list of mock drafts and where they have Stevenson getting drafted.
- With The First Pick – Third round: Saints
- Steelers Wire – Fourth round: Steelers
Would Tyrique Stevenson Fit on the Packers?
I don’t love the fit of Stevenson on the Packers. For one, the Packers are set at the cornerback position right now. Jaire Alexander, Eric Stokes, and Rasul Douglas have the top three spots locked up. The Packers have so many other needs right now that a corner really has to be impressive to take him.
Check Out Another Prospect That Could Fit For the Packers
I also think that Stevenson is too much of a work in progress for the Packers right now. The Packers are going to look to compete and are going to look for players who can come in a play right away rather than need years of development.
For More Great Wisconsin Sports Content