- Current Team
- Ohio State
Luke Wypler Ohio State Stats
Wypler has played three years at Ohio State and has some impressive stats. In his three years, he has only given up 1 QB hit and no sacks. He has also given up a limited amount of QB hurries in his time at Ohio State.
Luke Wypler Scouting Report
Per NFL Draft Buzz, Wypler has the following strengths and weaknesses:
- Hand placement is excellent, and Wypler shows a good understanding of angles when climbing upfield
- Does a nice job on the second level, moving upfield quickly and showing the flexibility and balance to land blocks in space
- Finds defenders with his hands immediately and gets feet moving to engage and sustain
- In the run game, he plays with a mean streak and does a nice job generating a push at the initial point of attack
- Will punch at smaller defenders instead of latching on and is more of a mauler than a mover in the running game
- A little raw as a pass protector, looking choppy and unnatural when moving back into his set, often playing too upright
Check Out Our Entire List of 2023 NFL Draft Profiles
Luke Wypler in Mock Drafts
According to NFL Mock Draft Database, Wypler is a projected third-round pick. He has increased in value over the last month as Ohio State played on a national level a lot late in the season. Offensive line depth is also something that every team needs and Ohio State has put out good prospects before. Below is a list of mock drafts and where they have Wypler being drafted.
- NFL Draft Diamonds – No. 31 overall: Bills
Would Luke Wypler Fit on the Packers?
The Packers do not have a glaring need for the center position but it is something they should give a look at. Josh Myers has been good but had some struggles this season. I still think he is the starter come the beginning of next season but if there is a tantalizing prospect, GM Brian Gutekunst might take a swing.
Check Out Another Prospect That Could Fit For the Packers
What concerns me most about Wypler is the pass protection weakness. This is where the offensive line struggled as a unit. Aaron Rodgers was under pressure a lot and this is something they will need to solve for next season. Maybe Wypler is a project that Gutekunst wants to have the team take on but I expect the Packers to try and fill other holes first.
For More Great Wisconsin Sports Content