- Current Team
Jaren Hall BYU Stats
Jaren Hall Scouting Report
Per NFL Draft Buzz, Hall has the following strengths and weaknesses:
- A former baseball player – and it shows in his fastball delivery
- Physically, Hall is a natural athlete who plays with the balance and light feet to float in the pocket
- Hall is enough of a threat as a runner to earn respect from back-side defenders at the next level, opening opportunities for running backs
- Good accuracy overall, including excellent accuracy on short timing routes to backs and receivers, placing the ball slightly in front to lead receivers to potential yardage after the catch
- Patient in the pocket – does not take off too early and bail out too early on plays
- He has under-average height at just 6-1 and weighs in at only 205 lbs. May lack the bulk to stay healthy at the next level has had a chequered injury history
- He’s clearly more effective when on the move, and many of his reads were half-field
- Hall has a bad habit of fading and throwing off his back foot when the pocket gets muddled, and he is too often all arm when throwing on the move, sacrificing accuracy
Check Out Our Entire List of 2023 NFL Draft Profiles
Jaren Hall in Mock Drafts
According to NFL Mock Draft Database, Hall is a projected third-round pick. The importance of the QB position means that teams will take a chance on a player in the mid-rounds if they think they could score at least a decent backup. Below is a list of mock drafts and where they have Hall being taken.
Would Jaren Hall Fit on the Packers?
In a word, no. Hall does not fit anything the Packers are trying to do. If GM Brain Gutekunst wants to spend a day 3 pick on a QB, fine. It’s okay to speculate on a player. Look at what has happened with Brock Purdy. However, Hall will be 25 by the time of the draft. Jordan Love is 24.
Check Out Another Prospect That Could Fit For the Packers
If the Packers want to draft a QB, they most certainly will go with someone way younger who can develop. Ultimately, no QB is really a good fit for the Packers because either Aaron Rodgers or Jordan Love will be starting for the team in 2023.
For More Great Wisconsin Sports Content