- Defensive tackle
- Current Team
Gervon Dexter Florida Stats
Gervon Dexter Scouting Report
Per NFL Draft Buzz, Dexter has the following strengths and weaknesses:
- Dexter has the lateral agility and balance to cover two gaps, and Dexter shows some good closing burst when moving down the line in pursuit
- He explodes off the line with a quick first step, with agile feet to counter inside and closing burst to finish plays
- He’s ready for the physicality of the NFL; he has a stout build, strong core, and powerful limbs to step in right away as a three-down player
- Good strength and balance to sit down, lock out and create a pile, leading to possibilities inside and out (in the 3-4)
- His spin move is a bit slow and mechanical. He’s susceptible to cut blocks, a tactic that was used on him often
- Dexter frequently fails to locate the ball in the run game, too often taking himself out of plays
Check Out Our Entire List of 2023 NFL Draft Profiles
Gervon Dexter in Mock Drafts
According to NFL Mock Draft Database, Dexter is a projected second-round pick. However, there are a number of mock drafts that have him sneaking into the first round. Building up the interior line, whether on offense or defense, is never a bad thing to do in the draft. Below is a list of mock drafts and where they have Dexter being taken.
Would Gervon Dexter Fit on the Packers?
Oh man do I love Dexter as a fit for the Packers. He is huge at 6’6″ and looks to be a force on the line. He has the NFL body and would fit in easily next to Kenny Clark and Devonte Wyatt. The Packers need some help on their defensive line and Dexter is the type of player that GM Brian Gutekunst likes to take.
Check Out Another Prospect That Could Fit For the Packers
It feels like many experts are expecting the Packers to go offense but if Dexter is on the board in the second round I would love if Gutekunst pulled the trigger. Keep an eye out for this prospect come draft night and into day 2.
For More Great Wisconsin Sports Content