- Current Team
Christian Gonzalez Oregon Stats
Christian Gonzalez Scouting Report
Per NFL Draft Buzz, Gonzalez has the following strengths and weaknesses:
- Tracks the ball well downfield and shows good ball skills, including the ability to go up and high-point it in contested-catch situations
- Very good instincts, especially in the box. Sound and a solid tackler. Takes good angles in pursuit
- He’s tall-framed with long arms to match
- Closing speed and willingness to make the big hit make him one of the more versatile safeties in the class
- Tends to play conservatively and gives too much cushion when playing off
- Susceptible to double moves
- Not fully consistent on making the interception in front of receivers
Check Out Our Entire List of 2023 NFL Draft Profiles
Christian Gonzalez in Mock Drafts
According to NFL Mock Draft Database, Gonzalez is a projected first-round pick. The cornerback position in general is going to be interesting to see where everyone falls. Not every one of these corners is going to go in the first round. This means that some teams are going to get some great cornerback talent in the second round. Below is a list of mock drafts and where they have Gonzalez being taken.
- NBC Sports Chicago – No. 14 overall: Patriots
- Pro Football Network – No. 16 overall: Commanders
- CBS Sports – No. 18 overall: Lions
- San Diego Union Tribune – No. 21 overall: Jaguars
Would Christian Gonzalez Fit on the Packers?
My gut tells me that the Packers stay out of the cornerback picks for the most part. Jaire Alexander, Eric Stokes, and Rasul Douglas have the top three spots on the depth chart locked down. I like Gonzalez and would be decent in the Packers’ defensive scheme but if it isn’t a slam dunk, I don’t see GM Brian Gutekunst adding another corner when there are other needs on the roster.
Check Out Another Prospect That Could Fit For the Packers
With all of the cornerback prospects, the place to watch out is the later rounds. If some of these prospects fall out of favor with teams, they could fall to later rounds and that is where I would watch for the Packers to add some talent. The other way I could see Gonzalez on the Packers is if they converted him to safety which is a possibility.
For More Great Wisconsin Sports Content