Collegiate sports compete head-to-head to see which team is better.
But, it’s the games within the game that enhances such rivalries. From the best fight songs, uproarious student sections, pre and post-game traditions, mascots, and more, there’s more to these rivalries than winning (or losing) records.
For today’s debate, I bring you…The BIG10 Campus Power Rankings.
Historically, Wisconsin has ranked quite high on these types of lists;
- #3 on Best College Reviews’ 50 Best College Towns in America
- #30 on USA Today’s list of Best College Towns
- #1 on PureWow’s list of the 25 Best College Towns in America
- #1 on CollegeRank’s list of 17 Best College Towns in America
- #30 on TheStreet’s list of Coolest College Towns
- #6 on Niche’s Top Party Schools
- #3 on Newsweek’s Top Party Schools In America
- #4 on Stacker’s Top 50 Party Schools In America
- One of Alchohol.org’s Top 10 College Towns with Most Alchohol Consumption
But, leave it to Barstool’s Dave Portnoy to throw gasoline on this debate.
We’ll just leave his BIG10 Campus Power Rankings right here…
In a September 6 Tweet, Portnoy placed our beloved University of Wisconsin at the top of his campus power rankings. He has ranked the University of Iowa, Indiana University, and the University of Michigan as co-leaders.
🚨 @stoolpresidente’s official B1G Campus Power Rankings from today’s episode 🚨
Did he get it right? pic.twitter.com/svYZAX1yYA
— The Dave Portnoy Show (@DavePortnoyShow) September 7, 2022
We should note that Dave is a Michigan Alum, making his placement of Michigan at the top of the rankings as suspect as his hairline.
But, with a list like this, it’s hard to be objective.
Listen to The Dave Portnoy Show With Eddie & Co., as he elaborates on why Madison is at the top of his BIG10 Campus Rankings. Start video at 3:36.
Here’s what he says;
“Madison’s awesome. Madison feels like you’re in a 70’s show. It’s very retro.