With a spot in the NFC playoffs on the line, Aaron Rodgers will lead the Green Bay Packers against NFC North rivals, the Detroit Lions, who are also in the mix to secure the seventh and final spot in the playoffs (provided they get some help from the Los Angeles Rams earlier in the day).
Lets breakdown how oddsmakers are shaping Sunday night’s matchup.
Green Bay Packers vs. Detroit Lions Betting Breakdown
While it’ll be extremely nerve-racking viewing on Sunday night for Packers and Lions fans alike, if you’re a numbers kind of person, ESPN’s Stat Index has the Packers the odds-on favorite to defeat the Lions and earn their way into the post-season.
- Chances to win: Green Bay (66.4%), Detroit (33.2%), Tie (0.4%)
- Points Spread: Green Bay (-5.5)
- Moneyline: Green Bay (-220), Detroit (+180)
- Total: 49
How The Public Is Betting
- % of Spread Bets: Green Bay (57%), Detroit (43%)
- % of Moneyline Bets: Green Bay (-220) (66%), Detroit (+180) (34%)
- % of Bets on Total: Over 49 (66%), Under 49 (34%)
(Data per Sports Betting Dime)
How The Green Bay Packers Can Make The Playoffs
If you’re a Packers fan (and if you’re reading this, there’s a good chance that you are), it’s pretty simple…if Aaron Rodgers and co. defeat the Detroit Lions in week 18, the Pack are in…if they lose, they are out.
There’s no scenario in which the Packers beat the Lions and they miss the playoffs, but on the other hand, there’s also no scenario in which Matt LaFleur’s squad lose to Detroit on Sunday night and make the playoffs.
Green Bay Packers vs. Detroit Lions Game Information
- Matchup: Green Bay Packers (8-8, 3rd in NFC North) vs. Detroit Lions (8-8, 2nd in NFC North)
- When: Sunday, January 8, 2022
- Time: 8:20 p.m. EDT/7:20 p.m. CDT
- Where: Lambeau Field, Green Bay, Wisconsin
- How To Watch: NBC, Peacock TV
For More NFL and Green Bay Packers Content
Follow me on Twitter at @ColbysBets and follow us @WiSportsHeroics for more great content. To read more of our articles and keep up to date on the latest Green Bay Packers news as well as around the rest of the NFL, click here!