Green Bay running back Aaron Jones was a key offensive contributor for the Packers in 2022. His stat line for the season included 1,121 rushing yards, 395 pass receiving yards, and seven total TDs. The rushing yards were a career-high, and his pass receiving yards (395) and five TD receptions were the second-most of his career.
Four straight 1,000 yards from scrimmage seasons
Jones had his fourth straight 1,000 yards from scrimmage season. Those four 1,000 yards from scrimmage seasons tie him for 6th all-time on the team behind Donald Driver (7), Ahman Green (6), Jim Taylor (6), Sterling Sharpe (5), James Lofton (5), and Jordy Nelson, Edgar Bennett and John Brockington, each with four seasons
In six seasons with the Packers, Jones has the following career numbers:
5,284 rushing yards
1,843 pass receiving yards
43 rushing TDs
17 TD receptions
Aaron Jones one of 26 NFLers with these stats
He is the only Packers player to have 5,000 rushing yards, 1,500 pass receiving yards, 40 rushing TDs and 15 TD receptions. Among all NFL players, Jones is one of only 26 players to have these numbers. The 26:
Marcus Allen, Neal Anderson, James Brooks, Bill Brown, Jim Brown, Earnest Byner, Jamaal Charles, Roger Craig, Warrick Dunn.
Marshall Faulk, Chuck Foreman, Matt Forte, Frank Gore, Calvin Hill, Aaron Jones, Alvin Kamara, Ollie Matson, LeSean McCoy.
Lenny Moore, Walter Payton, Thurman Thomas, LaDainian Tomlinson, Wendell Tyler, Herschel Walker, Brian Westbrook, Ken Willard.
Pretty heady company for sure. Eight of these 26 players are in the Pro Football Hall of Fame.
The only active players among this list are Jones and Alvin. In fact, all the players on this list have more than 100 games played in the NFL except Jones and Kamara. Jones has played in 86 games while Kamara has played in 88.
More numbers from the Aaron Jones stat line
Here’s a few other stats of interest from Jones’ 2022 season:
- He was one of 17 players this season to have two or more catches in all 17 games.
- He has caught two or more passes in 21 straight games, longest active streak for the Packers.
- He had five 100-yard rushing games in 2022, tied for the 4th most in the league.
- His 17 career 100-yard rushing games are third most in team history behind Ahman Green (33) and Jim Taylor (26)
- His 60 TDs are ninth most in club history.
- He and Dorsey Levens are the only Packers to have 15 rushing TDs and 15 TD receptions.
For More Great Wisconsin Sports Content