The Green Bay Packers 2023 schedule was leaked early on Thursday and officially released by the NFL on Thursday night. There are plenty of things to be excited about when looking at the Packers’ schedule, namely the fact that they have no three-game road trips, begin and end the season against the Chicago Bears, and play on Thanksgiving (and Christmas Eve and New Years Eve).
The Jordan Love Era is here and there are plenty of questions surrounding this year’s team. The fact of the matter is that we won’t know what this team is until we see them play. With that being said, here are some schedule superlatives to get fans even more excited about the 2023 season.
The Green Bay Packers 2023 Schedule
- Week One: September 10- at Chicago Bears (3:25 PM on Fox)
- Week Two: September 17- at Atlanta Falcons (Noon on Fox)
- Week Three: September 24- vs New Orleans Saints (Noon on Fox)
- Week Four: September 28- vs Detroit Lions (Thursday Night Football- 7:15 PM on Amazon Prime)
- Week Five: October 9- at Las Vegas Raiders (Monday Night Football- 7:15 on ESPN)
- Week Six: BYE
- Week Seven: October 22- at Denver Broncos (3:25 on CBS)
- Week Eight: October 29- vs Minnesota Vikings (Noon on Fox)
- Week Nine: November 5- vs Los Angeles Rams (Noon on Fox)
- Week Ten: November 12- at Pittsburgh Steelers (Noon on CBS)
- Week Eleven: November 19- vs Los Angeles Chargers (Noon on Fox)
- Week Twelve: November 23- at Detroit Lions (Thanksgiving Day, 11:30 AM on Fox)
- Week Thirteen: December 3- vs Kansas City Chiefs (Sunday Night Football, 7:20 PM on NBC)
- Week Fourteen: December 11- at New York Giants (Monday Night Football, 7:15 on ESPN)
- Week Fifteen: December 17- vs Tampa Bay Buccaneers (Noon on Fox)
- Week Sixteen: December 24- at Carolina Panthers (Noon on Fox)
- Week Seventeen: December 31- at Minnesota Vikings (Sunday Night Football, 7:20 on NBC)
- Week Eighteen: TBD- vs Chicago Bears (time and station TBD)
Most Important Game for the Green Bay Packers: Week 1 vs Chicago Bears
Aaron Rodgers owned the Chicago Bears during his time as the Green Bay Packers quarterback. However, the fact the Packers start the season against the Bears has less to do about the opponent and more to do with the fact that Green Bay has a new starting quarterback. One game does not a season make. However, the Packers have lost their last two season openers and, well, this season is different.
A win in Week One will help set the tone for the 2023 season as a whole. The Packers do not play a 2022 Playoff team until Week Eight (Minnesota Vikings). If Green Bay can win Week One, it will be a boost to fans’ confidence in Jordan Love and give them a springboard in which they can take advantage of a weak early stretch.
The fact that it would absolutely demoralize the Bears would be an added bonus.
Most Exciting Player vs Player Matchup: Jaire Alexander vs Davante Adams- Week 5
Arguably the best wide receiver in the NFL in Davante Adams against arguably the best cornerback in the NFL in Jaire Alexander: what a matchup! They went up against each for years in practice, and as iron sharpens iron, Packers fans and the team as whole benefited from these daily contests. In Week Five, the Las Vegas Raiders host the Green Bay Packers and we will be treated to an all-time battle between two of the best.
Biggest Early Season Trap: Atlanta Falcons- Week 2
Listen, I am not saying the Atlanta Falcons are going to be any good this year. That being said, they did hire former Packers defensive backs coach Jerry Gray onto their staff after he refused to extend his contract with Green Bay. You can bet Gray has this game circled on his calendar and is extra motivated to show up Packers defensive coordinator Joe Barry.
Toughest Game on the Schedule: Kansas City Chiefs- Week 13
Of course, Jordan Love’s only career start up to this point came on the road in Kansas City, a game in which he did not play very well. This time, it is the Chiefs coming to Lambeau Field; but the matchup is just as formidable. Kansas City is the defending Super Bowl Champions and boast Patrick Mahomes, Travis Kelce, and Marquez Valdes-Scantling. This will definitely be the toughest game of the season for Green Bay.
Toughest Stretch of Games: Week 8-Week 14
This stretch of games in the middle of the season is going to be brutal”
- Week Eight- Vikings (division rival and 2022 Playoff team)
- Week Nine- Rams (the lone “easy” matchup in this stretch)
- Week Ten- Steelers (one of the best defenses in the NFL, road game)
- Week Eleven- Chargers (2022 Playoff team)
- Week Twelve- Lions (Thanksgiving; division rival)
- Week Thirteen- Chiefs (defending Super Bowl champions)
- Week Fourteen- Giants (2022 Payoff team)
And if you wanted to get technical, in Week Fifteen, the Packers play the Buccaneers, who were also a Playoff team last year, albeit with a losing record.
This is why it is vital for the Packers to get off to a good start early in the season. These two months worth of games will be a gauntlet.
Green Bay Packers Record Prediction
The Green Bay Packers will finish the season 11-6 and win the NFC North.
For More Great Wisconsin Sports Content
Follow me on Twitter at @theotherRobin19 and follow us @WiSportsHeroics for more great content. To read more of our articles and keep up to date on the latest in Wisconsin sports, click here!