AJ Green got some meaningful minutes for the short-handed Milwaukee Bucks, and he made the most of his opportunities. Additionally, Jrue Holiday shined, despite the loss, as the only member of the Bucks’ Big Three to suit up in their 108-102 loss to the Miami Heat.
Note: House of Highlights is not associated with Wisconsin Sports Heroics. Follow them for more fantastic NBA highlights on their YouTube channel.
The Short-Handed Milwaukee Bucks
Prior to the game, Giannis Antetokounmpo, Joe Ingles, and Grayson Allen were all deemed “OUT” by the team after their win in Atlanta on Thursday night. Giannis missed this game with right knee soreness while Ingles was held out as he works his way back to full health following his torn ACL last season. Allen suffered an ankle sprain in last night’s game and could miss more time.
The Bucks were not the only team short-handed, however. The Heat were without several key players including Wisconsin native Tyler Herro. Kyle Lowry was also “OUT” for the Heat.
Bucks Cannot Build on a Strong First Quarter
Despite missing Giannis, Khris Middleton, and Grayson Allen (three starters), the Bucks jumped out to a 23-14 lead by the end of the first quarter. Unfortunately, without Giannis, the Bucks were unable to find a consistent answer on the boards, and were outrebounded 61-39. Three Heat players notched double figures in rebounds as they hauled in 18 offensive rebounds. In the end, the second-chance points the Bucks gave up were too much for them to overcome in a game that had such a small margin for error.
Box Score: Milwaukee Bucks
- Brook Lopez: six points, three rebounds, two assists
- Jrue Holiday: 24 points, six rebounds, 11 assists, one block
- Pat Connaughton: nine points, four rebounds, one assist, one steal
- Bobby Portis: 12 points, seven rebounds, one assist, three steals, one block
- MarJon Beauchamp: 0 points, two rebounds, one steal
- Sandro Mamukelashvili: two points, five rebounds, one assist, one steal
- Jordan Nwora: 16 points, five rebounds, one assist
- Jevon Carter: 18 points, four rebounds, three assists, three steals
- AJ Green: 15 points, three rebounds (5-10 three point shooting)
Box Score: Miami Heat
- Jimmy Butler: 17 points, 11 rebounds, two assists
- Haywood Hightower: three points, eight rebounds, one assist
- Bam Adebayo: 24 points, 12 rebounds, one assist
- Max Strus: 12 points, 10 rebounds, four assist
- Gabe Vincent: 28 points, three rebounds, six assists
- Victor Oladipo: 14 points, eight rebounds, eight assists
- Jamal Cain: six points, four rebounds
- Orlando Robinson: four points, five rebounds
For More Great Wisconsin Sports Content