The Milwaukee Bucks win streak has reached seven games after a 123-115 victory over the Miami Heat at Fiserv Forum. Giannis Antetokounmpo led the way with a 35-15-11 triple-double. The feat extended his franchise record for triple-doubles and was his third of the season. Khris Middleton also had his best game of the season and found himself on the court for the Bucks at the end of the game to help close it out.
Note: House of Highlights is not associated with Wisconsin Sports Heroics. Follow them for more fantastic NBA highlights on their YouTube channel.
The Milwaukee Bucks Finally Get Their First Win vs Miami Heat This Season
Going into Saturday night’s matchup, the Heat had beaten the Bucks twice already this season. Milwaukee fell to Miami 108-102 on January 12 and again 111-95 on January 14. Giannis Antetokounmpo did not play in either game, both of which took place in Miami.
Giannis, Middleton, and Three-Point Defense Lead Team to Victory
Milwaukee got off to a fast start in this game and led 34-26 after the first quarter. However, a four-guard lineup along with center Brook Lopez allowed the Miami Heat make the game closer. By the time the second quarter ended, the game was tied at 62.
After a tight third quarter, which Milwaukee won 32-30, Giannis and the Bucks pulled away in the fourth quarter. Miami was held to just 25.8% from three behind stout defense from Milwaukee’s perimeter defense. Meanwhile, the Bucks shot 35.0% from three and shot 52.3% from the floor overall. Their defense held the Heat to 44.6% shooting overall and won the rebounding battle 51-44.
Milwaukee Bucks: Box Score
- Giannis Antetokounmpo: 35 points, 15 rebounds, 11 assists, one steal, one block
- Brook Lopez: nine points, six rebounds, three blocks
- Jrue Holiday: 15 points, five rebounds, two assists, two steals
- Pat Connaughton: 14 points, five rebounds, one assist
- Grayson Allen: 19 points, three rebounds, two assists, two steals
- Khris Middleton: 24 points, seven rebounds, four assists, one steal
- Jevon Carter: six points, three rebounds, one assist
- Wesley Matthews: one point, four rebounds
- Joe Ingles: zero points, three rebounds, one assist
Miami Heat: Box Score
- Caleb Martin: 17 points, nine rebounds, one assist, one block
- Jimmy Butler: 32 points, eight rebounds, three assists, one steal
- Bam Adebayo: 16 points, 11 rebounds, eight assists, two steals
- Tyler Herro: 24 points, five rebounds, six assists, one steal
- Gabe Vincent: seven points, three rebounds, one assist, three steals
- Dewayne Dedmon: zero points, two rebounds, one assist, one steal, one block
- Haywood Highsmith: eight points, four rebounds, two assists, one steal
- Max Strus: 11 points, two rebounds, one assist
For More Great Wisconsin Sports Content
Follow me on Twitter at @theotherRobin19 and follow us @WiSportsHeroics for more great content. To read more of our articles and keep up to date on the latest in Wisconsin sports, click here!