On March 18th, 2022 the Green Bay Packers sent Davante Adams to the Las Vegas Raiders in a block buster trade. The trade returned two high draft picks in the 2022 NFL draft, but also freed up cap space for the Green Bay Packers.
Full Trade Breakdown:
Green Bay Receives:
- 22 Overall Pick in 2022 NFL Draft
- 53 Overall Pick in 2022 NFL Draft
- 20.1M freed up cap space
Las Vegas Receives:
- WR Davante Adams
- 5 year $140,000,000 contract with cap hit per year as follows: 2022: 8.1M, 2023: 30.5M, 2024: 21.3M, 2025: 40M, 2026: 40.1M.
Moves Green Bay have made since the trade:
- Re-signed TE Robert Tonyan to a 1 year, $3.75 million deal worth up to $5.5 million
- Re-signed CB Rasul Douglas to a 3 year, $21 million deal
- Signed DT Jarran Reed to a 1 year, $3.25 million deal
They still have 4 selections in the first 60 picks in the 2022 NFL draft, and according to Over the Cap the Packers are sitting at $15,139,028 in available cap space. With WRs Davante Adams, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, and Equanimeous St. Brown all leaving the Packers this off-season Green Bay figures to be in the running for one or two veteran free agent WRs.
Green Bay so far has accumulated:
- Tight End #1 that set franchise records in 2020
- Very reliable Corner Back #2/3
- Best Defensive Tackle #2 we’ve seen in Green Bay since Mike Daniels
- Two Premium Draft Picks
- A veteran wide receiver (or two) that seemingly will be signed in free agency
Green Bay has their work cut out for them for sure. However they have already started to accumulate valuable pieces from the Davante Adams trade, and they’re not done yet.
For More Wisconsin Sports News…