The Wisconsin Badgers are bowl eligible
The Wisconsin Badgers’ comeback victory over the Nebraska Cornhuskers in Week 12 was a crucial one for the program. Interim coach Jim Leonhard has righted the ship to get the Badgers bowl-eligible this season at 6-5. The win probably cemented Leonhard as the next official head coach of the Badgers.
The Badgers still have one more game left to play in their regular season. They will play the Minnesota Golden Gophers for a chance to reach 7-5. The Badgers will then get ready to prepare for their bowl game. The extra practices the team will get in December will help the Badgers develop for next season.
Here’s a list of possible bowl projections for the Badgers according to sports writers in the national media:
- USA Today: Wisconsin vs. Toledo in the Quick Lane Bowl.
- CBS Sports: Wisconsin vs. Kentucky in the Music City Bowl.
- ESPN: Mark Schlabach: Duke vs. Wisconsin Bow in the Duke’s Mayo Bowl. Kyle Bonagura: Wisconsin vs. Ohio in the Quick Lane Bowl.
- Sports Illustrated: Wisconsin vs. Wake Forrest in the Pinstripe Bowl.
- Sporting News: Wisconsin vs. Ohio in the Quick Lane Bowl.
- College Football News: Wisconsin vs. Ohio in the Quick Lane Bowl.
- Athlon Sports: Wisconsin vs. Texas Tech in the Guaranteed Rate Bowl.
- The Athletic: Wisconsin vs. Baylor in the Guaranteed Rate Bowl.
There is still a lot on the line for Big Ten seeding this Thanksgiving Weekend. If the Badgers can take home Paul Bunyan’s Axe Saturday, they should find themselves in a more quality bowl game.