The Green Bay Packers are preparing for their biggest game of the season. In Week 18 the Detroit Lions will travel to Lambeau Field to face the Packers. Even in Week 18, the Packers aren’t done tooling with their roster. Green Bay reportedly worked out two safeties prior to their match-up with the Lions.
Green Bay Packers Work Out Two Safeties Prior To Week 18
Safety Nasir Greer:
Nasir Greer was a three-star cornerback prospect out of Stockbridge, Georgia. He had offers from nearly a dozen different schools. He opted to commit to Wake Forest in June of 2017 and it didn’t take long for him to make an impact on the football team.
In 2018, Greer led all true freshmen for the Demon Deacons in tackles. He boasted versatility with the ability to play both cornerback and safety. During his sophomore season in 2019, Greer became a starter on defense, finishing third in the ACC in forced fumbles. His 2020 season was ended prematurely by an ACL injury. When he returned to the field in 2021, he never seemed to be fully healthy.
Greer was an un-drafted free agent signed by the Kansas City Chiefs. He was waived on August 22nd, 2022.
Safety Michael Griffin II
After playing two seasons at Southwest Minnesota State, Griffin II transferred to SDSU, where he was a full-time starter in his final two seasons. According to NFL Draft Buzz, Safety Michael Griffin had some strong strengths going into the draft:
- Good hustle player who puts himself in the action when he’s not directly involved. Knows how to use his height and vertical leap.
- Has smooth body control with the fluid ability to plant and redirect in any direction. Plays fast and decisive, arriving to the play with fierce intentions.
- Good strength to tackle. Plays with high energy and is a tough-minded overachiever.
- Quicker than he is fast but has a burst to close in zone coverage and plays physical at the line in man.
- Reads and deciphers quickly, reacting in a flash with a nose for the ball. Jumps routes and drives fast on plays in front of him.
Griffin was signed to the Tennessee Titans’ practice squad before the season only to be released in August.
For More Wisconsin Sports:
Follow me on Twitter at @mcquadewarnold, follow us @WiSportsHeroics, and listen to our Podcast, The Cheese Dads NOW with Legendary DT Gilbert Brown! You can also reach out to McQuade Arnold via email at email@example.com. To read more of our articles and keep up to date on the latest in ALL of Wisconsin sports, click here!