- Running back
- Current Team
- Old Miss
Zach Evans Ole Miss Stats
Zach Evans Scouting Report
Per NFL Draft Buzz, Evans has the following strengths and weaknesses:
- Demonstrated the ability to track the ball over his shoulder. Good flexibility and balance to adjust to the poorly thrown pass. Good vision and patience for screens
- Strong interior runner. Quickly presses the line of scrimmage and has the burst to get through the line of scrimmage and into the second level quickly. A classic North-South runner who doesn’t waste time moving laterally
- Evans consistently falls forward, and he will also bounce off of or shake loose from a couple of tackles to turn minimal gains into big runs
- He’s a creative runner, finding cut-back lanes and often looking like a return specialist on some of his longer runs
- Despite good-timed speed Evans really isn’t a guy who will create a lot of separation as a receiver
- Evans doesn’t have much ability as a run blocker or the violent run-after-catch ability
Check Out Our Entire List of 2023 NFL Draft Profiles
Zach Evans in Mock Drafts
According to NFL Mock Draft Database, Evans is a projected third-round pick. Early in the season, some had him in the first round but since then, he has fallen out. Running back is such a tough position for the draft because many teams do not prioritize the position. Because of this, Evans has not appeared in a mock draft since October on NFL Mock Draft Database. Expect him to go either as a late day 2 pick or an early day 3 pick.
Would Zach Evans Fit on the Packers?
I really like the fit for Evans on the Packers. A north and south runner who can also have some ability in the passing game fits Matt LaFleur’s offense very well. His weaknesses are not concerning as he could be coached up or subbed out during certain downs.
Check Out Another Prospect That Could Fit For the Packers
The question of the need for a running back hinges on what happens with Aaron Jones. If Jones is back, the Packers probably do not take a prospect very high. However, if they do need a running back, it wouldn’t be out of the question to spend a mid-round pick on one like Evans.
For More Great Wisconsin Sports Content