- Outside linebacker
- Current Team
Ventrell Miller Florida Stats
Ventrell Miller Scouting Report
Per NFL Draft Buzz, Miller has the following strengths and weaknesses:
- Miller has a compact build, but Miller is a crafty edge player who is very good against the run. He sets the edge and effectively wards off blocks with a strong core, powerful limbs, and natural leverage
- Reads the quarterback to anticipate and is a candidate to play outside
- He can move laterally and chase in pursuit. A tough, violent tackler with a non-stop motor, he also shows good awareness when dropping into coverage
- He plays bigger than his listed size, with the functional strength and motor to take on and hold ground against much bigger blockers
- Size will be a problem. Miller doesn’t have much in the way of take-on skills, struggling to shed once blockers get into his body due to short arms and a relative lack of upper-body strength
Check Out Our Entire List of 2023 NFL Draft Profiles
Ventrell Miller in Mock Drafts
According to NFL Mock Draft Database, Miller is a projected fourth-round pick. Miller is your stereotypical mid-round linebacker. He has some upside but there are major questions about his game. Below is a list of mock drafts and where they have Miller being taken.
Would Ventrell Miller Fit on the Packers?
I don’t really see Miller as being a good fit with the Packers. The Packers tend to not draft undersized players. They will take a swing on the raw, unpolished athletic talent rather than the player with more polish but undersized. There are so many better edge prospects out there that I expect GM Brian Gutekunst to look elsewhere.
Check Out Another Prospect That Could Fit For the Packers
The only way I see the Packers taking him is if they see a role for him on special teams. If he is available in the later rounds it is not unheard of for GMs to take rookies solely for the purpose of special teams.
For More Great Wisconsin Sports Content