- Defensive end
- Current Team
- Texas Tech
- Past Teams
- Texas A&M
Tyree Wilson Texas Tech Stats
Tyree Wilson Scouting Report
Per NFL Draft Buzz, Wilson has the following strengths and weaknesses:
- He’s ready for the physicality of the NFL; Wilson has a stout build, strong core and powerful limbs to step in right away as a three-down player
- Adequate change-of-direction agility and straight-line speed to contain
- A savvy, versatile and instinctive edge rusher who did a little bit of everything, he was especially effective getting to the quarterback
- Lacks the ability to be a true edge burner. While Wilson was able to physically overpower opponents at the college, he will have to develop a wider repertoire of moves in the pros
- Lacks elite speed and flexibility to turn the corner and is late off the snap.
Check Out Our Entire List of 2023 NFL Draft Profiles
Tyree Wilson in Mock Drafts
According to NFL Mock Draft Database, Wilson is a projected top 10 pick. He is the most pro ready of many of the edges so he can come in a make an impact right away with very little coaching. While he has things to work on, he is pretty much a plug and play player. Below is a list of mock drafts and where they have Wilson being drafted.
- AM NY – No. 5 overall: Seahawks
- SB Nation – No. 5 overall: Seahawks
- Gridiron Heroics – No. 8 overall: Falcons
- Yahoo Sports – No. 8 overall: Falcons
- CBS Sports – No. 8 overall: Falcons
Would Tyree Wilson Fit on the Packers?
Wilson is exactly the type of player that the Packers are looking for. An NFL ready player that can play in the league immediately. Wilson would be a powerful force on the edge. The issue is I am not sure that Wilson will be on the board when the Packers pick at no. 15. Every team will want an edge rusher that can play right away and all the mock drafts I have seen have him gone by no. 8 at the latest.
Check Out Another Prospect That Could Fit For the Packers
There is plenty of edge depth in this class. While Wilson is a great prospect, there are many other great prospects that the Packers can get at no. 15. They may not be as polished as Wilson but will still come with good upside. If Wilson were to somehow fall to the Packers at 15, Gutekunst and the Packers would be ecstatic.