- Current Team
Tanner McKee Stanford Stats
Tanner McKee Scouting Report
Per NFL Draft Buzz, McKee has the following strengths and weaknesses:
- Has elite size for the position – stands 6-6 and weighs 230lbs and has the arm strength to match
- Sticks throws into tight windows over the middle, throwing to spot on a slant or between zone defenders before the receiver is open
- Highly skilled in executing the west coast system – will likely transition into a pro offense with ease
- Has great footwork and usually deals well with pressure
- Has surprising speed as a runner for such a big man – has some escapability
- Possesses an NFL arm. Gets the ball from one hash to the opposite sideline in a hurry
- Needs to improve his touch at all levels and know when to gun it and when to take something off his throws
- Doesn’t decipher information as quickly as you would like, but does see the entire field and understands coverage
Check Out Our Entire List of 2023 NFL Draft Profiles
Tanner McKee in Mock Drafts
According to NFL Mock Draft Database, McKee is a projected second-round pick. However, the importance of the QB position and the fifth-year option that comes with the first-round pick, some mock drafts have him sneaking into the end of the first round. Below is a list of mock drafts and where they have McKee being drafted.
- Pro Football Focus – No. 29 overall: Vikings
Would Tanner McKee Fit on the Packers?
Take the current QB situation out of the equation and I like McKee in Matt LaFleur’s system. He can make all of the throws and is just enough of a threat to run that it will keep defenses honest. However, with the current QB situation in Green Bay, it would surprise me if the Packers spent any early draft capital on a QB.
Check Out Another Prospect That Could Fit For the Packers
Here is one way that I could see it. Aaron Rodgers returns and the Packers trade Jordan Love. GM Brian Gutekunst then picks a QB like McKee to sit behind Rodgers for a year or two and then become the starter. Obviously, that is a specific situation but one that could happen.
For More Great Wisconsin Sports Content