- Current Team
Stetson Bennett: Quarterback, Georgia Bulldogs: NFL Draft Scouting Profile and Projected Draft PositionStetson Bennett Georgia Stats
Stetson Bennett Scouting Report
Per NFL Draft Buzz, Bennett has the following strengths and weaknesses:
- Good arm strength. Able to make most NFL throws
- Confident passer and shows good accuracy when in rhythm
- Quick release making him tough to sack
- Natural leader. Respected by his teammates
- Often holds the ball too long
- His size is not ideal. May be injury prone when not behind the Georgia line
- Puts too much air under his throws
Check Out Our Entire List of 2023 NFL Draft Profiles
Stetson Bennett in Mock Drafts
According to NFL Mock Draft Database, Bennett is projected to be an undrafted free agent. This may seem crazy for a QB that is playing in the national championship but many view Stetson as a classic overachiever. Unfortunately, you can’t coach someone to get taller. His value has dove throughout the year as scouts got to watch him play. Below is a list of mock drafts and where they have Bennett going.
- ESPN – Second round (This board is from August which shows how far he has fallen
Would Stetson Bennett Fit on the Packers?
If the Packers spend a pick on Bennett I would consider it malpractice. He is definitely a product of the talent around him. Georgia is set to have multiple first-rounders and many more taken throughout the draft. Quarterback is also not a position the Packers are prioritizing as they have two starter-caliber quarterbacks on their roster. If they were to draft a quarterback, I would expect one with a higher upside.
Check Out Another Georgia Prospect That Could Fit For the Packers
Bennett will be an enigma for any team. He does have a skill set that works in the NFL but his size is such a concern that it’s hard to see where he fits. I expect some team to bring him in on the practice squad but outside of that, it would be surprising to see him taken in the draft.
For More Great Wisconsin Sports Content