- Wide receiver
- Current Team
- SMU Mustangs
Rashee Rice SMU Stats
Rashee Rice Scouting Report
Per NFL Draft Buzz, Rice has the following strengths and weaknesses:
- He’s a fluid athlete with excellent short-area quickness; Rice should be able to create separation, and he has the straight-line speed to threaten down the seam
- Rice is a natural playmaker, at his best with the ball in his hands
- Shows good sense as a route runner and provides an enormous catch radius over the middle of the field
- Rice plays with smoothness and balance, and he shows a knack for setting up defensive backs
- He’ll be coming to the NFL from a wide-open spread offense in which Rice ran a limited route tree
- He’ll have to develop a better feel for sitting down against zone coverage
Check Out Our Entire List of 2023 NFL Draft Profiles
Rashee Rice in Mock Drafts
According to NFL Mock Draft Database, Rice is a projected second-round pick. Some mock drafts have him sneaking into the first round but he is not quite to the skill level of the top receivers in the class. Below is a list of mock drafts and where they have Rice being taken.
- Pro Football Network – No. 25 overall: Cowboys
- Draftwire – No. 27 overall: Vikings
- AM NY – No. 30 overall: Bills
Would Rashee Rice Fit on the Packers?
I love Rice as a fit for the Packers. Green Bay needs another wide receiver and one that is your third down possession guy. Romeo Doubs has the potential to be this but hasn’t shown it as of now. Christian Watson can take the top off the defense. The Packers need a receiver on 3rd and 7 to catch an 8-yard pass for a first down.
Check Out Another Prospect That Could Fit For the Packers
I also love the second-round value that Rice brings. The Packers can make a huge impact on their offense if they can take a tackle in the first round and then follow that up with Rice in the second. There are a lot of intriguing prospects in the second round but Rice is one of my personal favorites for the Packers.
For More Great Wisconsin Sports Content