- Middle linebacker
- Current Team
Owen Pappoe Auburn Stats
Owen Pappoe Scouting Report
Per NFL Draft Buzz, Pappoe has the following strengths and weaknesses:
- A natural leader – has been the head of the Auburn defense for two years
- Equally good against the run and the pass
- Pappoe reads the offensive line well and attacks blocking schemes – has a natural feel for the game
- A very smart player who understands the nuances of the game – and is instinctive in coverage
- Quick hands prevent blockers from getting their hands into his frame
- Only 6’1″ and 226lbs which makes him undersized for the position
- Lacks the strength to blow up fullbacks and bulk/length to prevent getting engulfed by better linemen at the second level
- Too often bites on play-action fakes
Check Out Our Entire List of 2023 NFL Draft Profiles
Owen Pappoe in Mock Drafts
According to NFL Mock Draft Database, Pappoe is a projected fourth-round pick. While he has many strengths that will translate well to the next level, his size is what draws the concerns of many teams. His leadership and intelligence make him valuable for teams but it would be a surprise to see Pappoe go in the early rounds. Below is a list of mock drafts and where they have Pappoe being taken.
Would Owen Pappoe Fit on the Packers?
Similar to the cornerback position, the Packers do not have a need for a linebacker outside of an edge type. Pappoe fits more like the middle linebacker type which does not fit in the Packers’ current scheme. Intelligence is something that is desirable for the Packers but not something the Packers would reach for.
Check Out Another Prospect That Could Fit For the Packers
In general, the Packers tend to not go for undersized players. Gutekunst likes to grab freak athletes that are huge for their position. Pappoe is still a freak athlete which means there is a chance Gutekunst takes a swing on him but I expect the Packers to go in a different direction in the mid-rounds.
For More Great Wisconsin Sports Content