- Wide receiver
- Current Team
Nathaniel Dell Houston Stats
Nathaniel Dell Scouting Report
Per NFL Draft Buzz, Dell has the following strengths and weaknesses:
- Dell accelerates quickly and possesses good straight-line speed. He shows solid ball-tracking skills and body control downfield, able to adjust to the off-target throw
- He is a natural playmaker, at his best with the ball in his hands
- Keeps his feet active and eyes up to dodge traffic quickly and easily
- Dell has constantly ran a limited route tree
- Doesn’t have the size to consistently win on the outside, but can be productive working the middle of the field and as a return man
Check Out Our Entire List of 2023 NFL Draft Profiles
Nathaniel Dell in Mock Drafts
According to NFL Mock Draft Database, Dell is a projected third-round pick. However, a lot of drafts have him sliding into later rounds with the glut of wide receiver prospects at this level. Dell has a limited role in the NFL as he cannot consistently win on the outside meaning it will take a team with a specific need to draft him. Below is a list of mock drafts and where they have Dell being drafted.
- The Draft Network – Third round
- Tankathon – Third round
- Steelers Depot – Seventh round: Steelers
- 247 Sports– Seventh round: Bears
Would Nathaniel Dell Fit on the Packers?
The Packers do have a need at receiver especially in the slot. Dell is a playmaker who can open up the middle of the field for the Packers’ offense something they desperately need. What concerns me the most is the limited nature of his game. The limited route tree and the limited positions he can line up make him challenging to evaluate in the Packers’ offense.
Check Out Another Prospect That Could Fit For the Packers
The recent mock drafts that have him in the seventh round could be right on the money. He does remind me of a Samori Toure who is good enough to be drafted but needs a lot of work. Dell will be a prospect to watch out for in the coming months.
For More Great Wisconsin Sports Content