- Current Team
- Ohio State
Lathan Ransom Ohio State Stats
Lathan Ransom Scouting Report
Per NFL Draft Buzz, Ransom has the following strengths and weaknesses:
- Can get up on the line of scrimmage and deliver a solid punch early in routes, then use that quickness to shadow, or back off and close quickly when the ball comes out
- Great on route recognition and has click-and-close ability
- On the boundary, Ransom has the strong core and hips to latch on to receivers and escort them to the sideline
- Tracks the ball well and has the natural ball skills for forcing turnovers
- Inconsistent getting off of blocks. Can be a step slow to react when a quarterback comes back to his side of the field late in progression
- Needs to develop a better understanding of route combinations and better overall vision
Check Out Our Entire List of 2023 NFL Draft Profiles
Lathan Ransom in Mock Drafts
According to NFL Mock Draft Database, Ransom is a projected as an undrafted free agent. There is such a glut of cornerback prospects, some are bound to get pushed out of the draft. I think Ransom is a solid player but he just gets lost in all the rest of the talent. There are currently no mock drafts on NFL Mock Draft Database that have Ransom being taken.
Would Lathan Ransom Fit on the Packers?
Honestly, I really like Ransom as a player for the Packers. He has some experience at safety meaning the Packers could try to convert him back to that position. However, for cornerback, Jaire Alexander, Eric Stokes and Rasul Douglas are the clear top three. Unless Brian Gutekunst is really in love with Ransom, I doubt he would spend draft capital on him.
Check Out Another Prospect That Could Fit For the Packers