- Defensive tackle
- Current Team
- Wake Forest
Kobie Turner: Defensive Tackle, Wake Forest: NFL Draft Scouting Profile and Projected Draft Position
Kobie Turner Wake Forest Stats
Kobie Turner Scouting Report
Per NFL Draft Buzz, Turner has the following strengths and weaknesses:
- Turner has an excellent feel for working off blockers and knowing how and when to counter as the play goes on
- He has the strong core and powerful hands to shed blockers, and Turner shows excellent instincts with the ability to quickly locate the ball
- Lower than offensive lineman on every short-yardage play. Good agility and ability to change direction for his size
- He’s ready for the physicality of the NFL; he has a stout build, strong core and powerful limbs to step in right away as a three-down player
- Doesn’t have explosive athleticism, and Turner lacks the quickness to consistently win as an edge burner. He’s going to have to win through creativity and effort
- Turner isn’t a true edge burner and might be better off kicking inside on passing downs
Check Out Our Entire List of 2023 NFL Draft Profiles
Kobie Turner in Mock Drafts
According to NFL Mock Draft Database, is a projected sixth-round pick. Turner is a tough prospect. He isn’t really an edge but also isn’t a true defensive tackle. Still, his build will give him value on day 3 for a team. Below is a list of mock drafts and where they have Turner being taken.
- Bear Goggles On – Seventh round: Bears
Would Kobie Turner Fit on the Packers?
There’s a sliver of value for the Packers in Turner. The Packers need some defensive line help on the edge and inside. The Packers could draft him and then see where he fits best. His size and athleticism would make him a valuable prospect for any team on day 3.
Check Out Another Prospect That Could Fit For the Packers
On day 3 of the draft, I am much more forgiving of picks. Rounds 4-7 are the time to take chances on players and I think that Turner is a player that the Packers could take a chance on.
For More Great Wisconsin Sports Content