- Defensive end
- Current Team
KJ Henry Clemson Stats
KJ Henry Scouting Report
Per NFL Draft Buzz, Henry has the following strengths and weaknesses:
- His hand use is excellent; he’s strong in the upper body and consistently swats away blockers
- Henry has ideal length as an edge rusher, with room to add more weight onto his frame
- Aggressive with good awareness to track the ball and attack. Tenacious, tough, competitive and versatile
- He’s instinctive, reading, reacting and locating the ball quickly, and finishing plays as an authoritative, wrap-up tackler
- Henry lacks the speed of a chase and- tackle guy
- He’s very much a work in progress with his hand in the dirt
Check Out Our Entire List of 2023 NFL Draft Profiles
KJ Henry in Mock Drafts
According to NFL Mock Draft Database, Henry is a projected fourth-round pick. This edge class is very deep and has a lot of talent at the top end. This is going to lead to a lot of talent falling into later rounds. I expect many teams to find a good edge on day 3 simply because of how many edge prospects there are. Below is a list of mock drafts and where they have Henry being taken.
- Seahawks Wire – Fourth round: Seahawks
- Steelers Depot – Fourth round: Steelers
- 247 Sports – Fifth round: Bears
Would KJ Henry Fit on the Packers?
The Packers need some depth at the edge position. It would not surprise me if the Packers waited until the later rounds to help the edge position given how much talent there is. Henry seems like a good fit for the Packers. A little bit of a work in progress but wouldn’t have to be the guy. He could complement the existing pass rushers while building his frame and his skills.
Check Out Another Prospect That Could Fit For the Packers
Henry will be a player to watch if the Packers do not draft an edge early. The Packers had success with Kingsley Enagbare in the fifth round of last year and will likely try to hit that success again.
For More Great Wisconsin Sports Content