- Defensive end
- Current Team
- Notre Dame
Isaiah Foskey Notre Dame Stats
Isaiah Foskey Scouting Report
Per NFL Draft Buzz, Foskey has the following strengths and weaknesses:
- Flashes strength at the point of attack with active, violent hand use.
- He’s flexible enough to bend the edge, and he’s at his best when Foskey can use his quickness and change-of-direction abilities to counter back inside
- His long limbs and strong core strength allow him to power through blockers
- Doesn’t change direction easily. Can be late off the snap.
- Is still a bit raw as a pass rusher and needs to diversify his repertoire of pass-rush moves
Check Out Our Entire List of 2023 NFL Draft Profiles
Isaiah Foskey in Mock Drafts
According to NFL Mock Draft Database, Foskey is a project first round pick. All of his weaknesses are fixable with coaching. Edge is always a need for teams and many teams need help rushing the passer. Being a late first round pick, a playoff team is likely to get another formidable player for their pass rush. Below is a list of mock drafts and where they have Foskey being drafted.
- Sporting News – No. 8 overall: Falcons
- Draft Countdown – No. 15 overall: Packers
- Yahoo Sports – No. 19 overall: Bucs
- Gridiron Heroics – No. 28 overall: Vikings
Would Isaiah Foskey Fit on the Packers?
The Packers need some edge depth. The pass rush struggled to get any pressure on the QB after Rashan Gary went out with his ACL injury. With how many edge prospects there are in the 2023 class, it stands to reason that the Packers will get one of them. GM Brian Gutekunst has shown he can find value in the later rounds so he may look to wait on an edge.
Check Out Another Prospect That Could Fit For the Packers
One reason that Foskey would not be drafted by the Packers is he is not the most athletic of the edge prospects. Gutekunst tends to favor more athletic guys. While Foskey would still be a nice pickup I expect the Packers to go with another prospect.