- Current Team
- Past Teams
Eli Ricks Alabama Stats
Eli Ricks Scouting Report
Per NFL Draft Buzz, Ricks has the following strengths and weaknesses:
- Explodes out of his backpedal and has the hands and coordination to force interceptions
- Ricks tracks the ball well and does a nice job of getting his head around in plenty of time to avoid flags
- Does a good job getting his head around in time when playing with his back to the line of scrimmage. Has the ability to cover quickness underneath
- Shows good instincts when facing the action in zone coverage, and Ricks has solid ball skills
- Gave up far too many big plays in college, especially concerning since Ricks has recovery speed to make up for missteps
- Fails to maintain inside technique in man coverage. Not a press corner
Check Out Our Entire List of 2023 NFL Draft Profiles
Eli Ricks in Mock Drafts
According to NFL Mock Draft Database, Ricks is a projected third-round pick. However, because of Alabama’s pedigree, some have teams taking him in the late first round. The cornerbacks will be almost impossible to predict where they will go. There are so many slated to go at the top of the draft there are likely to be some surprises on draft night. Below is a list of mock drafts and where they have Ricks being taken.
Would Eli Ricks Fit on the Packers?
Cornerback is a tricky position to predict for the Packers on draft night. Jaire Alexander, Eric Stokes, and Rasul Douglas have the top three spots on the depth chart. Any draft pick is purely drafting for depth. The Packers have too many holes in their roster to simply draft for depth.
Check Out Another Prospect That Could Fit For the Packers
However, if it gets to day 3 and some of these prospects like Ricks are still on the board, GM Brian Gutekunst might be tempted to take the potential talent. Day 3 is often about taking the best player available. If Gutekunst likes a certain cornerback and he falls in the draft, don’t be surprised if he scoops him up.
For More Great Wisconsin Sports Content