- Current Team
DJ Turner Michigan Stats
DJ Turner Scouting Report
Per NFL Draft Buzz, Turner has the following strengths and weaknesses:
- Can get up on the line of scrimmage and deliver a solid punch early in routes, then use that quickness to shadow, or back off and close quickly when the ball comes out
- Turner can flip his hips and run, with good top-end speed and the length to make plays on the ball
- Does a good job getting his head around in time when playing with his back to the line of scrimmage. Has the ability to cover quickness underneath
- Liability against the run. Turner gives effort but doesn’t have the power as a tackler or the ability to slip blocks
- He runs well, but he doesn’t have elite recovery speed
- He’ll draw plenty of flags early on with his playing style. Turner is hesitant when facing the action in zone coverage
Check Out Our Entire List of 2023 NFL Draft Profiles
DJ Turner in Mock Drafts
According to NFL Mock Draft Database, Turner is a projected third-round pick. This is such a deep cornerback class that there will be some teams that are going to get some great corner talent in the mid-rounds. Turner is a great prospect but doesn’t reach the top tier of corners. Below is a list of mock drafts and where they have Tuner being drafted.
- Corn’s Cognitions – No. 26 overall: Cowboys
Would DJ Turner Fit on the Packers?
I don’t love the fit for Turner on the Packers. His liability against the run and his play style that draws penalties are not what the Packers need right now. He could become a project for the Packers as Jaire Alexander, Eric Stokes and Rasul Douglas are on the roster. However, I think there are project corners out there that are a better fit.
Check Out Another Prospect That Could Fit For the Packers
In general, I wouldn’t be surprised if GM Brian Gutekunst takes a swing on a corner in the later rounds but it definitely is not an area of need. If one of the corners shows some versatility to play safety that might be intriguing but I expect Gutekunst to try and fix other areas of the roster before corner.
For More Great Wisconsin Sports Content