- Current Team
Brian Branch Alabama Stats
Brian Branch Scouting Report
Per NFL Draft Buzz, Branch has the following strengths and weaknesses:
- He’s also very good in zone coverage, showing a great understanding of routes and the ability to close quickly
- Physical run supporter in the Antoine Winfield mold with short-area explosiveness to leave his mark on ballcarriers
- He’s long and strong enough in his core to steer receivers to the sideline with his hands when playing inside technique
- His athleticism gives him the potential to have tremendous range in coverage, but Branch is often hesitant and doesn’t seem confident in what he’s seeing
- Physicality while impressive, comes and goes when facing the run
- Like a lot of collegiate corners, he has a tendency to get grabby
Check Out Our Entire List of 2023 NFL Draft Profiles
Brian Branch in Mock Drafts
According to NFL Mock Draft Database, Branch is a project first round pick. He is the top safety in the draft and has the potential to be a dominant safety in the league. He still needs a lot of work as he needs to gain more confidence. However, any contender would love to build some safety depth with a player like Branch. Below is a list of mock drafts and where they have Branch being drafted.
- Yahoo Sports – No. 13 overall: Jets
- USA Today – No. 15 overall: Packers
- Bears Talk – No. 18 overall: Lions
- Gridiron Heroics – No. 22 overall: Giants
- Sports Illustrated – No. 29 overall: Bills
Would Brian Branch Fit on the Packers?
The Packers need to figure out the safety position this offseason. The play of the safeties was subpar this season and the Packers need to infuse some young talent. Branch, despite his unpolished skills, would be a great fit for the Packers. While he is two to three years from being a dominant starter, the Packers may be looking to do a soft rebuild. Take some players that will take a year or two and then compete again in a couple years while not being terrible in the short term.
Check Out Another Prospect That Could Fit For the Packers
The Packers will show what they are thinking about their team with their first round pick. There are a ton of picks that are a year or two off. If the Packers are looking to compete immediately, they are going to take a player that will make an impact immediately. Most likely this decision will be informed by who is playing QB next season.