- Current Team
- Notre Dame
Brandon Joseph Notre Dame Stats
Brandon Joseph Scouting Report
Per NFL Draft Buzz, Joseph has the following strengths and weaknesses:
- Tracks the ball well downfield and shows good ball skills, including the ability to go up and high-point it in contested-catch situations
- Gives up his body in run support with a very good closing burst
- Good strength to tackle. Plays with high energy and is a tough-minded overachiever
- Plays out of control too often, laying a lot of big hits but also missing a lot of tackles along the way
- Inconsistent getting off of blocks. Can be a step slow to react when a quarterback comes back to his side of the field late in progression
- Needs to tighten his angles in pursuit
Check Out Our Entire List of 2023 NFL Draft Profiles
Brandon Joseph in Mock Drafts
According to NFL Mock Draft Database, Joseph is a projected second-round pick. At one point he was a projected end-of-the-first-round pick. As of now, he has not appeared in a mock draft since the middle of December. Below is a list of mock drafts and where they have Joseph being taken.
- San Diego Union-Tribune – No. 31 overall: Eagles
Would Brandon Joseph Fit on the Packers?
Joseph wouldn’t be a bad fit for the Packers. Joseph just seems very vanilla to me. Vanilla ice cream is great if I have it. However, if I’m at an ice cream shop, I’m choosing a flavor with more upside. There are prospects that are ranked lower than Joseph that I simply think provide more upside.
Check Out Another Prospect That Could Fit For the Packers
With that said, Joseph would be a fine pick for the Packers. Notre Dame has quietly put out many good NFL players including one at the safety position in Kyle Hamilton last year. I expect the Packers to address the need at safety and his tackling ability could lead GM Brian Gutekunst to draft him.
For More Great Wisconsin Sports Content