- Defensive end
- Current Team
BJ Ojulari LSU Stats
BJ Ojulari Scouting Report
Per NFL Draft Buzz, Ojulari has the following strengths and weaknesses:
- Ojulari explodes off the line with a quick first step, with agile feet to counter inside and closing burst to finish plays
- Ojulari has the flexibility to dip and bend under tackles
- He has the overall athleticism to hold up in space when dropping into coverage
- He’s going to struggle at the point of attack. As a pass rusher, Ojulari lacks the ideal length to ward off blockers and too often allows linemen to get into his chest
- While he moves well laterally, he doesn’t always get there in pursuit
Check Out Our Entire List of 2023 NFL Draft Profiles
BJ Ojulari in Mock Drafts
According to NFL Mock Draft Database, Ojulari is a projected first-round pick. Edge talent is something that every team covets. His size is a concern but if he spends some time in the weight room that shouldn’t be a concern. Below is a list of mock drafts and where they have Ojulari being drafted.
- Pro Football Network – No. 15 overall: Packers
- Gridiron Heroics – No. 26 overall: Bengals
- CBS Sports – No. 28 overall: Vikings
- USA Today – No. 31 overall: Eagles
Would BJ Ojulari Fit on the Packers?
The Packers definitely need some edge depth. The pass rush really fell off a cliff once Rashan Gary went down with an ACL injury. Being able to rotate edge depth is essential in keeping a pass rush alive throughout the entire game. The concerns about Ojulari don’t bother me. Many prospects come in undersized and then when football is their job, they bulk up.
Check Out Another Prospect That Could Fit For the Packers
While Ojulari would be a fit on the Packers I am not sure that they Packers will reach for an edge player at 15. There is plenty of edge depth and the Packers can probably wait and get a quality player in the second round. However, if the Packers were to take Ojulari at 15, it would still be a great pick that would help pressure the QB.