- Current Team
- Texas A&M
Antonio Johnson Texas A&M Stats
Antonio Johnson Scouting Report
Per NFL Draft Buzz, Johnson has the following strengths and weaknesses:
- Has excellent ball skills, tracking the ball effectively and instinctively taking the right route to break up the play
- He’s a willing and capable hitter in run support and closes fast to make plays against quick screens
- Quicker than he is fast but has a burst to close in zone coverage and plays physical at the line in man
- Has only average long speed and body flexibility
- Despite his size, he’s not an overly physical tackler
- Isn’t great in route recognition when he’s facing the action, is hesitant and susceptible to double moves, and too often gets unnecessarily handsy when playing trail position
Check Out Our Entire List of 2023 NFL Draft Profiles
Antonio Johnson in Mock Drafts
According to NFL Mock Draft Database, Johnson is projected to be a first-round pick. Cornerback is always a need for teams and building depth at that position is a priority for many teams. As teams run more three and four wide receiver sets, the need for more high quality cornerbacks is going up. Below is a list of mock drafts and where they have Johnson being drafted.
- Gridiron Heroics – No. 24 overall: Ravens
- USA Today – No. 26 overall: Bengals
- The Draft Network – No. 28 overall: Bills
- NFL Spin Zone – No. 31 overall: Eagles
Would Antonio Johnson Fit on the Packers?
Of all of the cornerback prospects, I think Johnson is one of the best fits for the Packers. The ball skills are impressive and the Packers defense is at its best when it is creating turnovers. Joe Barry likes to play off and give up underneath throws meaning creating turnovers is a big way to get off the field. Johnson would fit in well with the rest of the secondary.
Check Out Another Prospect That Could Fit For the Packers
I also like his ability to recognize screens and quick passes. Because of the playing off, quick reactions to quick screens are necessary. With how deep the cornerback class is, I would be surprised if GM Brian Gutekunst reached at 15. However, I do think that Johnson is a perfect fit for what the Packers are trying to do on defense.