The Packers added multiple new names to injury report
The Green Bay Packers continue to battle injuries early in their season. Earlier Wednesday, reports broke out that Packers wide receiver Randall Cobb missed practice with an injury. Before practice, head coach Matt LaFleur gave a confusing answer about David Bakhtiari’s injury status. The Packers injury report released Wednesday afternoon provided shocking new information about how banged up the offense is.
- OT David Bakhtiari, Knee, did not practice Wednesday
- WR, Randall Cobb, Illness, did not practice Wednesday
- OG Elgton Jenkins, Knee, limited participation
- WR Allen Lazard, Ankle, limited participation
- TE Marcedes Lewis, Groin, limited participation
- WR Sammy Watkins, Hamstring, limited participation
- WR Christian Watson, Hamstring, limited participation
All of the names listed on the injury report are offensive players. Four wide receivers made the list. Lewis, a tight end, makes five pass catchers with injuries heading into their matchup against the Buccaneers.
The Packers will need to rely on the running game in Week 3
The good news for the Packers with the injury report is that all but two players could participate some in practice. The Packers’ passing game looks to be in tatters if the names on the list are injured against the Buccaneers. The four wide receivers on the injury report will be something to key into as the week progresses.
Running backs A.J. Dillon and Aaron Jones should see the bulk of the focus for the offense this week. The pair did well against the Chicago Bears in Week 2. Even with a stable running game, it’s a little disturbing to see how many injuries the Packers have at wide receiver. The Packers will need the unit to step up this year.