The Green Bay Packers are entering week four with an abundance of confidence after winning 14-12 against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in week three. When it comes to Packers vs Patriots at Lambeau Field on October 2nd, the Packers are expected to win.
While the Packers currently hold a 2-1 record for this season, they haven’t been dominating the field in true Packers/Rodgers fashion. Is it a lack of comradery? Is it the fact that 1/3 of their roster is new? Can we blame it on a bleak off-season? Are they just getting warmed up? Either way, they’re still winning but I know they can do better.
While it ultimately comes down to the teams, many fans are excited to see two legendary coaches, LaFleur and Belichick, give it their best.
Packers vs. Patriots in Week 4
Coach with most Super Bowl wins (Belichick, 6) vs. coach with best overall win percentage (LaFleur, .788)
— Zach Kruse (@zachkruse2) September 27, 2022
What to Know About the Patriots in Week Four
- The Patriots starting quarterback, Mac Jones, will most likely not play on Sunday. He suffered a high ankle sprain last week when the Patriots lost 26-37 to the Baltimore Ravens. He seems to be recovering quickly but Bill Belichick has already confirmed that Brian Hoyer will fill in if Jones cannot play.
- Brian Hoyer has an impressive NFL past, but no one can ignore the fact that he hasn’t won a game as starting quarterback since 2016. Aside from that, Belichick says that he doesn’t plan to change the plays. He is confident Hoyer will be a great stand-in.
- Thanks to Deatrich Wise, Lawrence Guy, Christian Barmore, Davon Godchaux, and more, the Patriots’ defense is faster, more precise, and much more impressive than they were in the 2021 season.
- If the Patriots continue to use one of the league’s top-rated defenses, the Packers will have difficulty moving the ball.
“You’re going against one of the best players in the National Football League…if you love football, that’s what it’s about.”
Patriots coaches on preparing to face Aaron Rodgers and the Packers. pic.twitter.com/sUprZPTt4Y
— New England Patriots (@Patriots) September 27, 2022
What to Know About the Packers in Week Four
- Going head to head against the Patriots should be easy for the Packers after playing the Buccaneers. However, Belichick likely has a handful of great plays that will slow down Rodgers and hold off Green Bay’s offense.
- Cornerback Jaire Alexander will likely miss this game due to a groin injury from week three. Without him, Darnell Savage Jr (free safety) and Adrian Amos (strong safety) will need to pick up his slack. With more zone coverages, I don’t expect Alexander’s absence to slow them down.
- The Packers’ defense is adequately strong, even though we have seen them struggle against the Vikings, Bears, and Bucs in the last month.
- Green Bay has won nine out of its ten previous home games.
Ultimate Prediction for Packers vs Patriots: Week Four
Overall, cheesehead or not, the odds are definitely in favor of the Packers winning this game. Savage is going to give the Patriots hell and do everything in his power to ensure they can’t get points on the board.