By usual New England Patriots standards, 2022-23 has been a lackluster season. However, with just one more game remaining on the docket, Bill Belichick’s squad are just one win away from securing the seventh and final spot in the AFC playoffs.
Let’s take a closer look at how the Pats can earn their way into the NFL playoffs.
How The New England Patriots Can Make The Playoffs
- Path One: Patriots WIN @ Bills
- Path Two: Patriots LOSE @ Bills + Dolphins LOSS vs. Jets + Steelers LOSS vs. Browns + Jaguars WIN vs. Titans
New England Patriots vs. Buffalo Bills Breakdown
If you want a more statistical breakdown of things, per ESPN’s Stat Index, the odds aren’t great for the Patriots to knock off the Buffalo Bills in week 18 to secure the final playoff spot in the AFC.
- Chances to win: Buffalo (78.5%), New England (21.3%), Tie (0.2%)
- Points Spread: Buffalo (-7.5)
- Moneyline: Buffalo (-355), New England (+278)
- Over/Under: 42.5
The New England Patriots have had quite the up and down 2022-23 campaign. Storylines galore with the injuries and struggles of second-year signal caller, Mac Jones, the emergence of rookie backup QB, Bailey Zappe, the odd appointment of Matt Patricia as the de-facto offensive coordinator, plus a ton of injuries on the defensive side of the ball, the Patriots somehow still control their own playoff destiny. However, they’ll be on the road against one of the best teams in the NFL, who will be playing with heavy hearts following the horrifying injury suffered by Damar Hamlin, this past Monday night against the Cincinnati Bengals.
New England Patriots vs. Buffalo Bills Game Information
- Matchup: New England Patriots (8-8, 2nd in AFC East) @ Buffalo Bills (12-3, 1st in AFC East)
- When: Sunday, January 8, 2022
- Time: 1:00 p.m. EDT/12:00 p.m. CDT
- Where: Highmark Stadium, Buffalo, New York
- How To Watch: CBS
For More NFL Content
Follow me on Twitter at @ColbysBets and follow us @WiSportsHeroics for more great content. To read more of our articles and keep up to date on the latest Green Bay Packers news as well as around the rest of the NFL, click here!