The Milwaukee Bucks shocked just about everyone in the NBA, including their own fans, when they agreed to re-sign Jae Crowder. The veteran forward, who was acquired midseason, was vocally critical of the team and his role on it in the NBA Playoffs. However, the firing of former head coach Mike Budenholzer must have been enough to convince Crowder to stay.
Jae Crowder Re-Signed with the Milwaukee Bucks for the Veteran Minimum
Despite signing with the Bucks on the second day of free agency nearly two weeks ago, the details of Crowder’s contract were not known to the public. That is until Eric Nehm of The Athletic found out from his league sources while in Las Vegas covering the Bucks’ Summer League team:
Per league sources, the one-year contract for Jae Crowder with the Bucks is a league-minimum deal.
— Eric Nehm (@eric_nehm) July 10, 2023
The league minimum for Crowder is $2,019,706 per Spotrac.
What Does the Milwaukee Bucks Salary Cap Situation Look Like?
- NBA Salary Cap: $136,021,000
- NBA Luxury Tax Threshold: $165,294,000
- NBA Super Tax Apron: $182,794,000
Milwaukee Bucks Roster and 2023-24 Salary
- Giannis Antetokounmpo: $45,640,804
- Jrue Holiday: $36,861,707
- Khris Middleton: $29,320,988
- Brook Lopez: $25,000,000
- Bobby Portis: $11,710,818
- Pat Connaughton: $9,423,869
- Grayson Allen: $8,925,000
- MarJon Beauchamp: $2,609,400
- Jae Crowder: $2,019,706
- Robin Lopez: $2,019,706
- Malik Beasley: $2,019,706
In addition to these, Spotrac has salary estimates for the following players:
- AJ Green: $1,801,769
- Andre Jackson Jr.: $1,119,563
- Chis Livingston: $1,119,563
It should be noted that Livingston signed a four-year $7.7 million contract with Milwaukee over the weekend.
The Bucks also have cap holds for the following players:
- Thanasis Antetokounmpo: $2,019,706
- Goran Dragic: $2,019,706
- Meyers Leonard: $2,019,706
- Wesley Matthews: $2,019,706
- Jeff Teague: $2,019,706
The active roster for the Bucks totals $178,462,316. Remember, the salaries for Green, Jackson, and Livingston are estimated. If the estimates are correct, Milwaukee has approximately $3 million before they reach the NBA Super Tax Apron.
If the Bucks explore another outside free agent, he can be signed to a veteran minimum contract or using the $5 million taxpayer exception that the team has.