The Milwaukee Bucks have won eight games in a row and are within one game of the NBA’s best record. One game after recording yet another triple-double, Giannis Antetokounmpo finished two assists shy of another one. Three Bucks players finished the night with 20 or more points as a complete team effort was too much for the short-handed Portland Trailblazers to handle.
Note: House of Highlights is not associated with Wisconsin Sports Heroics. Follow them for more fantastic NBA highlights on their YouTube channel.
Brook Lopez Turns Back the Clock for the Bucks
The leading scorer for the Milwaukee Bucks was not Giannis, not Jrue Holiday, nor was it Khris Middleton. Instead, Brook Lopez, who is the Brooklyn Nets’ all-time leading scorer, led the Bucks in scoring tonight. The veteran center scored 27 points on 9-12 shooting (2-5 from three) and was 7-9 from the free throw line. Uncharacteristically, Lopez created many shots for himself, shooting off the dribble or driving to the hoop.
MarJon Beauchamp Goes Home
The trip to play the Portland Trailblazers was a trip home for Bucks rookie MarJon Beauchamp. The former first-round draft pick played college basketball at Yakima Valley in Oregon. During the game, Bally Sport Wisconsin’s Zora Stephenson was able to interview Jon Beauchamp, MarJon’s father:
MarJon Beauchamp's father is courtside tonight in Portland! @ZoraStephenson caught up with Jon Beauchamp on this special night for the Beauchamp family. #FearTheDeer | #Bucks | #NBA | @Marjon32 pic.twitter.com/G4CzjAb2jl
— Bally Sports Wisconsin (@BallySportWI) February 7, 2023
In 13 minutes of playing time, Beauchamp scored five points and grabbed four rebounds.
A Matchup of NBA Players of the Week
Earlier in the day, Giannis Antetokounmpo was named the Eastern Conference Player of the Week for the third time this season. The Western Conference Player of the Week was none other than Damian Lillard of the Trailblazers.
The matchup did not disappoint, though neither star put up the otherworldly numbers they put up last week. Giannis scored 24 points, grabbed 13 rebounds, and dished out eight assists. Meanwhile, Lillard scored a game-high 28 points.
Milwaukee Bucks: Box Score
- Giannis Antetokounmpo: 24 points, 13 rebounds, eight assists
- Brook Lopez: 27 points, nine rebounds, one steals
- Jrue Holiday: 20 points, four rebounds, eight assists
- Pat Connaughton: 11 points, four rebounds, two steals
- Grayson Allen: three points, three rebounds, one assist
- Khris Middleton: 13 points, three rebounds, five assists, one steal
- Jevon Carter: 11 points, five rebounds, three assists, one block
- Wesley Matthews: six points, four rebounds, one block
- Joe Ingles: five points, four rebounds, two assists
- MarJon Beauchamp: five points, four rebounds
- Thanasis Antetokounmpo: zero points, one rebound
Portland Trailblazers: Box Score
- Josh Hart: 14 points, eight rebounds, one steal
- Jerami Grant: 13 points, three rebounds, two steals
- Drew Eubanks: 10 points, four rebounds, five assists
- Anfernee Simons: 21 points, five assists, one steal
- Damian Lillard: 28 points, four rebounds, five assists, one steal
- Shaedon Sharpe: zero points, three rebounds, three assists
- Trendon Watford: six points, three rebounds, one assist
- Gary Payton II: two points, one rebound, one assist, one steal
- Nassir Little: eight points, one rebound, one assist, one steal
- Jabari Walker: six points
- John Butler Jr.: no stats recorded
- Greg Brown III: zero points, one rebound, two assists
For More Great Wisconsin Sports Content
Follow me on Twitter at @theotherRobin19 and follow us @WiSportsHeroics for more great content. To read more of our articles and keep up to date on the latest in Wisconsin sports, click here!