The Milwaukee Bucks overcame a very strange first quarter that saw them lead by as much as 12, but finish the period losing by five. Giannis Antetokounmpo scored the Bucks’ first eight points and the Los Angeles Clippers did not score until over halfway through the quarter. However, Milwaukee committed a series of turnovers that allowed the Clippers to take a 27-22 lead at the end of the first. However, the Bucks outscored Los Angeles in each of the next three quarters to win by 13.
Note: House of Highlights is not associated with Wisconsin Sports Heroics. Follow them for more fantastic NBA highlights on their YouTube channel.
Brook Lopez Makes NBA History in Milwaukee Bucks’ Win
A night after scoring just nine points against the Los Angeles Lakers, Bucks center Brook Lopez put on one of the best displays of his season thus far. He shot 9-16 from the floor, including 4-6 from three on his way to 22 points. Additionally, Lopez hauled down 16 rebounds. Much of his production came in the first half as he had a double-double (16 points and 11 rebounds) by halftime.
With his first three point make of the game, Lopez reached 750 career three’s for his career. Later, he hit his 100th three pointer of the season. That made him the oldest player in NBA history to have 100 three’s and 100 blocks in a season.
Giannis Antetokounmpo Was Brilliant As Always
As mentioned previously, Giannis got off to a fast start in this game. He ended the night with 35 points, eight rebounds, and six assists to go along with two steals. It was the first time since January 6 (11 games) that he failed to reach double-digit rebounds.
The Milwaukee Bucks have now won 10 games in a row. This is their longest win streak since they won 18 games in a row in 2019. It is also the first time they defeated the Lakers and Clippers on back-to-back nights since the Clippers moved to Los Angeles.
Milwaukee Bucks: Box Score
- Giannis Antetokounmpo: 35 points, eight rebounds, six assists, two steals
- Brook Lopez: 22 points, 15 rebounds, one assist, one steal, three blocks
- Jrue Holiday: 19 points, five rebounds, six assists, two steals
- Pat Connaughton: eight points, eight rebounds, three assists, one steal
- Grayson Allen: seven points, one assist
- Jevon Carter: 13 points, two rebounds, one assist
- Wesley Matthews: zero points, two rebounds
- Sandro Mamukelashvili: two points, three rebounds, two assists
- MarJon Beauchamp: 10 points, two assists, two steals
- AJ Green: No stats recorded
- Thansis Antetokounmpo: No stats recorded
Los Angeles Clippers: Box Score
- Paul George: 19 points, 11 rebounds, six assists, one steal
- Marcus Morris Sr.: 15 points, one assist, one block
- Ivica Zubac: six points, eight rebounds, one assist, three blocks
- Brandon Boston Jr.: 20 points, two rebounds, one steal
- Terance Mann: 10 points, six rebounds, two assists
- Norman Powell: 16 points, two rebounds, four assists, two steals
- Robert Covington: six points, two rebounds, two assists, one steal, two blocks
- Amir Coffey: 10 points, three rebounds, one assist
- Jason Preston: two points
- Moussa Diabate: two points
For More Great Wisconsin Sports Content
Follow me on Twitter at @theotherRobin19 and follow us @WiSportsHeroics for more great content. To read more of our articles and keep up to date on the latest in Wisconsin sports, click here!