Green Bay has signed their first free agent of the offseason! Mason Crosby has agreed to a three year extension to continue his tenure with the Packers. Crosby announced on twitter his excitement:
“I’m so excited and feel so blessed to be staying with the @packers. Pumped for what lies ahead. #2/22/2020.”
ESPN’s Rob Demovsky has reported that it is worth $12.9 million with $6 million guaranteed the first year.
Mason Crosby will be going into his 14th season with the Packers. He has been the kicker for Green Bay since the 2007 season. Some of his accolades are:
- All-time franchise scoring leader, surpassing kicker Ryan Longwell in 2015.
- Ranks No. 26 in NFL history in scoring.
- Has not missed a game in his career (192 straight games). Second to only Brett Favre (255) in franchise history.
- Is the all-time franchise leader in field goals (307), 50-yard field goals (34) and extra points (548).
- Is one of only four players in NFL history to register three or more 140-point seasons.
- Has had seven onside kicks recovered by the Packers since 2010, the most in the league over that span.
- His 89.7% on field goals in the playoffs is second highest in NFL history (minimum 25 attempts).
Follow me on Twitter at @jcsirianni and follow us @OTHWisconsin for more great content. Also, be sure to check out the Overtime Heroics Forums page to join in on the discussion.