In the 2022 Draft, the Green Bay Packers selected three defensive players in the first five rounds: Quay Walker (LB in Round #1), Devonte Wyatt (DT in Round #1) and Kingsley Enagbare (DE in Round #5). Walker and Enagbare played in all 17 of the Packers games this season; Wyatt played in 16. Walker had 16 starts, Enagbare had seven.
Green Bay Packers defensive rookies were ninth in the NFL this year for most tackles by rookies. The team’s rookies accounted for 177 tackles, 121 coming from Walker who finished second among rookies (Jalen Pitre of Houston led all rookies with 147 tackles). Pack rookies had about 16% of the total team tackles in 2022.
For the record, 250 rookies had at least one tackle in the 2022 campaign. Green Bay had six: Walker, Enagbare, Wyatt, Tariq Carpenter, Zach Tom and Jack Coco.
Top 10 teams in 2022 with most tackles by rookies
Here is a look at the teams that finished in the Top 10 for most tackles by rookies in 2022.
216-New York Giants
A few more stats of note for the Green Bay Packers defensive rookies in 2022
- Quay Walker led the Packers in tackles with 121. Adrian Amos was second with 102.
- Kingsley Enagbare had 31 tackles, tied for 45th among rookies in 2022. Devonte Wyatt had 15 tackles; he tied for 89th among first-year players
- Walker was second among rookies with 75 solo tackles.
- Enagbare was tied for eighth among rookies with eight QB hits.
- Walker and Enagbare were tied for 10th among rookies with five tackles for loss.
- Kingsley had 3 sacks, which tied him for 8th among rookies; Walker had 1.5 sacks, which tied him for 24th among the league’s first-year players.
- Walker led the team with three forced fumbles.
For More Great Wisconsin Sports Content