The Milwaukee Brewers will kick off there season in Chicago, playing the Cubs. Here is everything below you need to know about going to Chicago and all of the things to watch out for. The Costs are expected to be on the High End if traveling to Chicago for the game, especially using the Parking Option. Read below to view more information.
Dates: March 30-April 2nd
Game Times: March 30th (1:20pm), April 1st (1:20pm), April 2nd (1:20pm)
Weather: March 30th (High Temp: 51, clear), April 1st (High Temp: 42, Rain and Snow), April 2nd (High Temp: 56, Clear)
Carry-in Policy: Backpacks (including clear backpacks), hard-sided coolers (regardless of size) and bags larger than 16 x 16 x 8 inches are NOT permitted at Wrigley Field, therefore do not bring them. VIA Cubs
Parking: (AVERAGES) (NOTE: Highest and Lowest Listed) (Parking Via Spothero)
3508 N Sheffield Ave (0.1 Miles) $164.00
5017 N Winthrop Ave (1.8 Miles) $12.00
Concession Purchasing: All Food and Beverage orders can be placed through the MLB Ballpark, which is available in the Play Store and App Store. Visit Concessions Guide on the MLB Ballpark app for more information. VIA CUBS.COM
Payment Information: Wrigley Field is currently cashless, but they do have Cash to Card machines located outside Section 117 to 217 known as Reverse ATM’s.
Other Transportation Suggestions: If you do not plan to park in Chicago there are many other options for Transportation, a few being offered from areas in Illinois and a few being offered from Wisconsin.
Transportation is from Cubs.com/Transportation
- Amtrak Train: Take the Amtrak train and be picked up from the Downtown Station in Milwaukee, Milwaukee Mitchell Airport or Sturtevant Train Station. More information here.
- LaSelle Station: Exit station on Van Buren. Take elevated brown line at LaSalle/Van Buren north to Fullerton. Transfer to red line north to Addison
- Midway Airport: CTA: Take the eastbound train on the “Orange” rapid transit line to the Lake/State stop. Walk down the stairs to the State Street subway entrance and get on the northbound Howard/Dan Ryan “Red” line. Take this to the Addison Street stop. Walk one block west on Addison and you’re at Wrigley Field.
- Ogilville Transportation Center: Exit on Washington. Take No. 20 or No. 56 Milwaukee east to State and Washington. Head down stairs to red line. Take northbound train to Addison.
- O’Hare Airport: CTA: Take the “Blue” rapid transit line to the Addison Street stop. Transfer to the CTA No. 152 eastbound bus, which lets off at the ballpark.
- Union Station: CTA: Take the CTA No. 1 Indiana/Hyde Park bus or the No. 151 Sheridan bus to the Jackson/State subway station. Transfer to the Howard/Dan Ryan “Red” rapid transit line northbound to the Addison Street stop, which lets out one block east of the ballpark.
- Metra Station Kenosha: Take a cheap fare from the Kenosha Metra Station to the Wrigley Field area, tickets can be found here.
Gates: The Gates will open 90 Minutes before First Pitch, so for all games in that series it will be 11:50am.
Broadcasted Options: WTMJ (620AM) (Milwaukee), Bally Sports Wisconsin.
Giveaways: VIA Cubs Promotions
- Thursday, March 30th: Opening Day Pin
- Saturday, April 1st: Picnic Blanket
- Sunday, April 2nd: Winter Hat
Tailgating: Unforantuely Brewers Fans, tailgating is NOT allowed anywhere in Chicago Parking lots, it is strictly enforced by the Chicago Police Department.
WI-FI: The Chicago Cubs are Partnering with Xfinity to bring a strong WI-FI service around the Ballpark.
Rainout Policy: Check your email you bought the tickets with regarding the Rescheduled Date and more information with your tickets as well. More information can be found on https://www.mlb.com/cubs/ballpark/information/guide
Refund Policy: The Chicago Cubs website states there are no refunds or exchanges for tickets.
Still Want Tickets?: Use the following websites to find yourself some tickets