Somehow, someway the Detroit Lions are one win away from securing their spot in the 2022-23 NFL Playoffs.
Lets take a look at how Jared Goff and co. can clinch the seventh and final seed in the NFC playoffs.
How The Detroit Lions Can Make The Playoffs
While the path to the seventh seed is much more straightforward for the Packers, the Lions actually have a few paths to the playoffs, but all stem from not losing on Sunday night in Green Bay, however, the Lions don’t necessarily have to exit Lambeau Field with a victory…if they get some help earlier on in the day.
- Path One: WIN at Packers + Seahawks LOSS or TIE vs. Rams
- Path Two: TIE at Packers + Seahawks LOSS vs. Rams
- Path Three: TIE at Packers + Seahawks TIE vs. Rams + Commanders WIN vs. Cowboys
There’s a very real possibility that the Lions season is over before the ball is even kicked off in Green Bay on Sunday night, however, the Packers are alive no matter what happens earlier on in the day, and if the Lions head into Sunday night knowing they’re not going to the playoffs, the best consolation prize would be to knock their rivals out with them with a win on their own home field.
Detroit Lions vs. Green Bay Packers Breakdown
If you’re a stat nerd (like myself), and a Detroit Lions fan, you may want to look away as according to ESPN’s Stat Index, the Packers are somewhat sizable favorites to walk out of Lambeau Field with a victory and the final spot in the NFC playoffs.
- Chances to win: Green Bay (66.4%), Detroit (33.2%), Tie (0.4%)
- Points Spread: Green Bay (-4.5)
- Moneyline: Green Bay (-220), Detroit (+180)
- Over/Under: 49
Detroit Lions vs. Green Bay Packers Game Information
- Matchup: Detroit Lions (8-8, 2nd in NFC North) @ Green Bay Packers (8-8, 3rd in NFC North)
- When: Sunday, January 8, 2022
- Time: 8:20 p.m. EDT/7:20 p.m. CDT
- Where: Lambeau Field, Green Bay, Wisconsin
- How To Watch: NBC, Peacock TV
For More NFL Content
Follow me on Twitter at @ColbysBets and follow us @WiSportsHeroics for more great content. To read more of our articles and keep up to date on the latest Green Bay Packers news as well as around the rest of the NFL, click here!