The Milwaukee Bucks are back at full strength (unless you want to count Serge Ibaka). Giannis Antetokounmpo and Khris Middleton returned for the Bucks as they cruised to a 150-130 point victory over the Detroit Pistons. Milwaukee controlled the game from start to finish, scoring 49 points in the first quarter alone. In fact, they led by 30 or more points for most of the contest before the Pistons made it appear closer during garbage time.
Note: House of Highlights is not associated with Wisconsin Sports Heroics. Follow them for more fantastic NBA highlights on their YouTube channel.
One of the reasons Milwaukee was able to win so easily was due to their three point shooting. Over their last 10 games, the Bucks, as a team, have made 190 three point shots. As Justin Garcia pointed out on Twitter, it is just the fourth time in NBA history that a team has made that many three pointers over a 10 game span:
In the last 10 games the @Bucks have hit 190 threes. It is only the 4th time in @NBA history that a team has hit 190+ threes in a 10 game span over a single season
Only the 2019 Rockets (197/194) and 2021 Jazz (192) have made more
— Justin García 🎙 (@tmjgarcia) January 24, 2023
Milestones by Bucks Players
- Giannis Antetokounmpo made his 3,800th career free throw. He is the team’s all-time leader in both free throws made and free throws attempted.
- Khris Middleton made his 4,000th shot as a member of the Milwaukee Bucks. He is now tied with Hall of Famer Sidney Moncrief.
- Wesley Matthews scored his 11,000th career point.
Keys to Victory
In addition to hitting their three point shots, Milwaukee was able to outrebound the Pistons 50-41. While the Bucks got sloppy with the basketball in the second half (after they had a huge lead), they did a good job of taking care of the ball in the first half.
Bobby Portis left the game early with an apparent injury.
— Jim Owczarski (@JimOwczarski) January 24, 2023
Box Score: Milwaukee Bucks
- Giannis Antetokounmpo: 29 points, 12 rebounds, four assists
- Brook Lopez: 21 points, four rebounds, one assist, two blocks
- Jrue Holiday: 16 points, four rebounds, seven assists, two steals
- Pat Connaughton: six points, two rebounds, one assist
- Bobby Portis: 18 points, 10 rebounds, three assists, one steal
- Grayson Allen: nine points, three rebounds, five assists, three steals, one block
- Khris Middleton: eight points, two rebounds, four assists
- Jordan Nwora: four points, four rebounds, four assists, one block
- Jevon Carter: 18 points, three rebounds, three assists, three steals, one block
- Wesley Matthews: six points, one assist
- Joe Ingles: six points, three rebounds, three assists, two steals, one block
- AJ Green: 0 points, one rebound
- MarJon Beauchamp: seven points, one assist
Box Score: Detroit Pistons
- Kevin Knox II: five points, five rebounds
- Alec Burks: four points, one rebound, one assist
- Nerlens Noel: three points, two rebounds
- Cory Joseph: five points, three rebounds, seven assists
- Saddiq Bey: 21 points, three rebounds, two assists
- Jaden Ivey: 12 points, four rebounds, 11 assists
- Isaiah Livers: nine points, one rebound, one assist
- Rodney McGruder: four points, one rebound, two assists
- Hamidou Diallo: 11 points, three rebounds, one assist
- Jalen Duren: 23 points, 15 rebounds, one assist
- Bojan Bogdanovic: 33 points, three rebounds