The Milwaukee Bucks have won their fourth-straight game and have won six of seven after defeating the New Orleans Pelicans 135-110 on Sunday night. Milwaukee matched up with a Pelicans team that was missing five of their most important players, including Zion Williamson, CJ McCullum, and Brandon Ingram. Like they did against the Denver Nuggets, the Bucks were able to take advantage of their opponent’s lack of depth on their way to victory.
Note: House of Highlights is not associated with Wisconsin Sports Heroics. Follow them for more fantastic NBA highlights on their YouTube channel.
Giannis Antetokounmpo Ties Career-High for 40-Point Games
Going into this season, Giannis Antetokounmpo‘s career-high for 40-point games in a season was 10. He has already matched that total through 50 games this season. His 50-point masterpiece on Sunday night was the second-straight game in which he scored 40 or more points. It was also Giannis’ second 50-point game of the month. On January 3, he scored a career-high 55 against the Washington Wizards.
Giannis was incredibly efficient shooting the ball against the Pelicans. He ended up 20-26 from the floor overall and 3-4 from the three. However, he again struggled from the free throw line, going 7-12.
Khris Middleton Increased His Minutes
Over the last two games, Khris Middleton played just 15 minutes a game. In this contest, he played 18 minutes and scored nine points. Included in these was a rare one-handed slam dunk in the second quarter.
It’s a bird! It’s a plane!
It’s Khris Middleton! pic.twitter.com/17kWhJ3FDA
— 🦌 (@SnellSZN) January 30, 2023
Box Score: Milwaukee Bucks
- Giannis Antetokounmpo: 50 points, 13 rebounds, four assists
- Brook Lopez: 15 points, eight rebounds, three assists, one steal, two blocks
- Jrue Holiday: 17 points, seven rebounds, six assists
- Pat Connaughton: six points, six rebounds, one assist, one steal
- Grayson Allen: eight points, one rebounds, four assists, two steals
- Khris Middleton: nine points, three rebounds, three assists, one steal, one block
- Jordan Nwora: five points, six rebounds, one assist, one block
- Jevon Carter: six points, one rebound, one assist, one steal
- Wesley Matthews: eight points, nine rebounds
- Joe Ingles: nine points, two rebounds, three assists, one steal
- MarJon Beauchamp: no stats recorded
- Sandro Mamukelashvili: two points
- Thanasis Antetokounmpo: one rebound
Box Score: New Orleans Pelicans
- Naji Marshall: eight points, four rebounds, six assists
- Trey Murphy III: 16 points, two rebounds, two assists, one steal
- Jonas Valanciunas: 16 points, three rebounds, one assist, one steal
- Herbert Jones: 11 points, five rebounds, two assists, one steal, one block
- Jose Alvarado: 18 points, three rebounds, six assists, two steals
- Jaxson Hayes: six rebounds, three rebounds, one assist, one block
- Devonte Graham: six points, three assists, one steal
- Kira Lewis Jr.: six rebounds, three assists, one steal
- Larry Nance Jr.: 10 points, 12 rebounds, one assist, one steal
For More Great Wisconsin Sports Content
Follow me on Twitter at @theotherRobin19 and follow us @WiSportsHeroics for more great content. To read more of our articles and keep up to date on the latest in Wisconsin sports, click here!