The Milwaukee Bucks avenged their embarrassing loss to the Charlotte Hornets at the beginning of the month with a 124-115 victory on Tuesday night. Milwaukee was once again led by Giannis Antetokounmpo who continued to dominate in every facet of the game. Khris Middleton played 20 minutes as he continues his push back into the Bucks’ starting rotation. Overall, Milwaukee used their superior rebounding and timely defense to pull out the victory.
Note: House of Highlights is not associated with Wisconsin Sports Heroics. Follow them for more fantastic NBA highlights on their YouTube channel.
The Bucks Outrebounded and Out-Shot the Hornets
It seems like such a simple formula, but sometimes the most simple things prove to be difficult. On this night, though, the Bucks did everything they need to in order to win the game. Milwaukee outrebounded the Hornets 50-44 with three Milwaukee players recording double-digit rebounds. Giannis led the way with 18 rebounds while Jrue Holiday had 13. Brook Lopez added 11 boards as well as five blocks.
Milwaukee got off to a cold start from the field, but improved in the second half. Similarly, their defense of the Hornets’ shots improved in the second half as well. The two teams were tied at 64 going into halftime, but it was the Bucks who came out shooting and defending better after the break.
Overall, Milwaukee shot 41.0% from the floor and 34.1% from three. Brook Lopez (3-10, 0-3), Jrue Holiday (6-20, 1-4), and Pat Connaughton (3-12, 1-8) in particular had rough shooting nights. However, role players Wes Matthews (3-6, 3-5), Grayson Allen (4-9, 4-9), and Jevon Carter (3-5, 2-4) shot the ball very well.
Khris Middleton increased his minutes played to 20 and shot the ball very efficiently. The three-time All-Star was 4-10 from the field (2-4 from three) and a perfect 8-8 from the free throw line.
Box Score: Milwaukee Bucks
- Giannis Antetokounmpo: 34 points, 18 rebounds, four assists
- Brook Lopez: eight points, 11 rebounds, two assists, five blocks
- Jrue Holiday: 15 points, 13 rebounds, four assists, two steals
- Pat Connaughton: eight points, seven rebounds, three assists, one steal, one block
- Grayson Allen: 12 points, three rebounds, two steals
- Khris Middleton: 18 points, three rebounds, three assists, one steal
- Jordan Nwora: two points
- Jevon Carter: eight points, two rebounds, one assist, one block
- Wesley Matthews: 11 points, six rebounds, one assist, one block
- Joe Ingles: eight points, three rebounds, one assist, one steal
Box Score: Charlotte Hornets
- Gordon Hayward: 16 points, seven rebounds, three assists
- PJ Washington: 17 points, seven rebounds, three assists, one steal, one block
- Mason Plumlee: 14 points, 14 rebounds, five assists, one block
- Terry Rozier: 20 points, seven rebounds, three assists, one steal
- LaMelo Ball: 27 points, 10 rebounds, 11 assists, three steals, three blocks
- Jalen McDaniels: 15 points, six rebounds, one assist, one steal
- Mark Williams: five points, seven rebounds, one block
- Dennis Smith Jr.: two points, three rebounds, one assist
- JT Thor: two points, one rebound
For More Great Wisconsin Sports Content
Follow me on Twitter at @theotherRobin19 and follow us @WiSportsHeroics for more great content. To read more of our articles and keep up to date on the latest in Wisconsin sports, click here!