The Milwaukee Bucks were without Giannis Antetokounmpo again as the Miami Heat took advantage of the road-weary Bucks. In what has become a disturbing recent trend, Milwaukee could not generate enough offense and were grossly out-rebounded by their opponents. Meanwhile, Gabe Vincent put on an historic performance for the Heat. Vincent became the first undrafted NBA player since Jeremy Lin to log 25 points and five steals in game.
Gabe Vincent is the first undrafted player to score least 25 points and swipe 5 steals in a game since Jeremy Lin in 2016. pic.twitter.com/pzHMkVukvi
— OutOfSightSports🚀™️ (@OOSSports) January 15, 2023
The Bucks simply could not hit consistent shots, struggled from the free throw line, and were out-played in every aspect of the game. Even without Giannis, one would have hoped that the game would have been a little closer.
Note: House of Highlights is not associated with Wisconsin Sports Heroics. Follow them for more fantastic NBA highlights on their YouTube channel.
The Short-Handed Bucks Cannot Generate Offense
The Milwaukee Bucks were led by Bobby Portis, who had just 15 points in a spot-start for Giannis Antetokounmpo. Milwaukee shot just 40.5% from the floor while allowing the Heat to shoot 51.7%. Three-point defense was a definite weakness, as Miami shot 50% from beyond the arc. For their part, the Bucks attempted 48 three-point shots and made 19 of them. Unfortunately, it was far from enough.
As mentioned previously, the Bucks were horribly out-rebounded again without Giannis in the lineup. Miami hauled in 13 offensive rebounds, showing how poorly the Bucks were at boxing out.
Box Score: Milwaukee Bucks
- Brook Lopez: 13 points, four rebounds, one assist, two blocks
- Jrue Holiday: 12 points, three rebounds, 10 assists (five turnovers)
- Pat Connaughton: 14 points, eight rebounds, one assist, one steal
- Bobby Portis: 15 points, seven rebounds, two assists, three steals
- Grayson Allen: 12 points, three rebounds, five assists
- MarJon Beauchamp: 0 points, one rebound
- Sandro Mamukelashvili: five points
- Joe Ingles: five points, four rebounds, four assists, two steals
- Jevon Carter: 10 points, three assists
- AJ Green: nine points, one rebound
Box Score: Miami Heat
- Jimmy Butler: 16 points, four rebounds, one assist
- Haywood Hightower: eight points, seven rebounds, one assist
- Bam Adebayo: 20 points, 13 rebounds, two assists, two blocks
- Max Strus: 10 points, seven rebounds, four assist
- Gabe Vincent: 27 points, three rebounds, two assists, five steals
- Victor Oladipo: 20 points, two rebounds, five assists, three steals
- Jamal Cain: six points, seven rebounds, one steal
- Orlando Robinson: four points, eight rebounds rebounds, one assist, one block